ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-23-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
Z3MDan
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Z3 M Coupe

Z4 Turner / JB Racing Sachs Lightweight Flywheel & Clutch Kit

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 850.00

Item Interest
I'm in the process of building a 3.4L s-54 engine that will come complete duplicating a few items currently on my core engine that I am selling. These items are still on the engine and will be removed in the next few weeks.
They were all purchased new, professionally installed have been in service for less than 2500 miles, function perfectly and are in excellent condition. They will be removed by Randy Forbes and can be picked up at his shop in FL. or will ship. Since they are still on the car pictures shown are from the web sites were purchased. Items will be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks. I have priced these items to sell quickly to help fund the engine build. Prices include shipping in the CONUS and reasonable offers will be consider. Will hold for buyer with $50 Deposit
This lightweight aluminum flywheel w/ Heavy Duty "sprung-hub" clutch package is the best-engineered flywheel/sprung-hub clutch solution for the BMW E36, E46, Z3, and Z4 models.
I had the Flywheel and clucth zero balanced prior to installation by a race engine shop to .25 grams, equivalent aftermarket and OEM units can be out of balance by 10 to 50 grams.

Paid $1500 + $150 for balancing
Will sell for $850 or BRO

Instead of picking a clutch from another car that may or may not work at all, the engineers at JB Racing have taken all of the guess work out of this upgrade and incorporated a Sachs HD sprung hub clutch with the correct pressure plate and combined it with our most-popular aluminum lightweight flywheel. The Sachs HD clutch disc has a sprung hub to minimize noise and vibration and organic linings to give the feel and engagement of a stock clutch. Mixing and matching of the incorrect clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel components can lead to inconsistent engagement and feel - why make your clutch feel worse?

In addition, the Sachs HD pressure plate will clamp with greater force - allowing approximately 350 ft-lbs of torque, which makes it an obvious upgrade from the stock clutch kit. And with the aluminum flywheel weight savings is substantial over the stock dual-mass flywheel - which allows your motor to spool up faster and transmit more HP to the ground.

Because Sachs is an OE supplier to most German cars, replacement parts are just a phone call away. This kit uses the stock throw-out bearing (included in the price!).

Aluminum flywheels are much lighter than the stock steel flywheel and that produces better throttle response and more available horsepower to the wheels for faster acceleration. Modern flywheels are built with additional components and features that are designed to dampen and minimize vibrations from the engine and transmission. As a result they have become bloated in weight and that means more energy is used up just making the flywheel spin. The weight difference between an aluminum and steel flywheel is huge - sometimes more than 50% less. Without the additional mass, more energy can be diverted to where it counts most - moving the car. The flywheel and clutch is one of the first areas that engine builders address when making the rotating assembly lighter for race engines. The dampening effect is just not needed on cars that are focused on performance.

In addition to releasing more power to the wheels, the lighter flywheel allows the engine to spin more freely, which improves throttle response. Again, the difference is huge as you watch the revs build faster than before. With the engine spinning easier the power band comes up much sooner. The stock steel flywheel feels lazy in comparison.

Stock Flywheel Weight = 25.5lbs
JB Flywheel Weight = 10.0lbs

This item fits the following BMWs:

2003-2005 E85 BMW Z4 2.5i Z4 3.0i (5-speed transmission)

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 04:53 PM   #2
ClayMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E36, E39, E86

Can you clarify what car this was made to fit?
Appreciate 0