ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Z4 Madeira Walnut Wood dash for sale.

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi everybody. I have this Madeira wood dash kit in my car and couldn't stand it. I had it wrapped in carbon vinyl, but apparently people like this wood kit. Well, I had the big idea of swapping this kit out for a cheap kit in my car and wrapping that (it's carbon vinyl, what difference does it make what's under it?) and selling this wood dash to somebody who would enjoy it. Well, a problem occurred:

I removed the pieces and had them lying on the driveway on a towel while I buttoned up my interior. Unfortunately, while I was in the car working my sister came over with her giant SUV and ran over (well, more like hit it where it then flew about 50 feet and hit the house) the small piece which goes around the headlight switch. Amazingly, none of the tabs on the back of the piece are broke, the piece is still straight, and could be installed if you want (fat chance). Anyway, take a look at the pictures.

So instead of having a very nice full set of Madeira Walnut Wood for sale, I have two very nice pieces (dash/console), and one piece that looks like it was run over (it was). I don't know if somebody who can repair wood would like to take on this project, or if it's even worth it, or if somebody still wants the full set. I'll still sell everything way below what it's worth new:

Dash: *SOLD*
Console: *SOLD*
Headlight switch: *SOLD*

If you want a brand new headlight switch piece, you can purchase one new for $182 from here: http://www.partswebsite.com/bmwparts...356%20%20.html

This would give you the whole setup for around $600, which is still below the going rate for this kit and below what I was going to ask in the first place here.

What a bummer, but hopefully somebody can still use these pieces. The two main pieces are in fantastic shape, and you could always source the headlight surround from a dealer/ebay/salvage to make a full kit for far below new. PM me if interested, parts are out of the car and can ship immediately.

Thanks.

Last edited by NickyC; 01-23-2015 at 08:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

BUMP. Feel free to make me an offer, I'd like to get these pieces gone. You won't find a set cheaper anywhere else. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:57 PM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

OK quick update, I have sold the console piece (stick shift surround). I still have the main dash piece (goes around the radio) and the chipped up headlight surround. I'd really like to get rid of these two pieces, so I will sell them for $175 SHIPPED in the 48. At this price, they would be good just for a template to use for a vinyl wrap or something. If you smoothed the edges of the headlight surround a bit, the vinyl would take to it no problem. Once again, the piece isn't broken, all the tabs are still in place and the piece is still formed. Finally, both pieces included ALL of the mounting clamps, I believe there are 8 in total.

$175 shipped for both parts, you won't find a better deal!

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

All SOLD, thanks!
Appreciate 0