ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #23
antennahead
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MR silver grey

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirhan View Post
Could I have the part number of the Eibach springs installed and how much lower than stock are they?
I got mine (Eiback pro-kit) mid summer from NOPI at a great price, you might search them as well.

John
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #24
hhgolf
Registered
Rep
Drives: x3 xDrive28i

Question:
Do the Eibach springs allow the Bilstein HD shocks proper fit and performance? Much has been written about the Bilstein Sport B8 shocks' shorter length fitting and performing better.
I' m interested in firming up my 2014 x3 chassis.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #25
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

check the x3 forums
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 10:49 PM   #26
DEG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
Absolutely love it! I don't track or auto-x, but on city streets I do feel a difference when I'm doing some spirited driving. Since you're local, I'm sure one of these days we can meet up and we can screw around in an empty parking lot so you can feel the difference.
It's been about a year since this last post, how is the set up working for you? Are you still liking the performance?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #27
34eak04
Rep
Drives: M z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
So...living and driving in San Francisco with the wonderfully torn up streets, the harshness of the stock suspension was killing me...and people actually didn't want to ride in my car after a while because of how harsh the ride was in the city. On top of that, I feel like the stock height of the M coupe was sitting just a tad bit high, and the gap between the fender and tire just wasn't to my liking.

After looking at all the options from coil-overs to separate spring and stock setups, I decided to go with the Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein HD setup. I wanted something that slightly lowered the car, but not too low because of all the driveways and parking lots I have to go in and out of here, and I wanted to keep the firm ride but get rid of the harshness whenever my car approached anything that wasn't a smooth surface.

Well I got it installed last night, so this post will just be initial impressions, and I'll make sure to update it after a few weeks and/or few hundred miles of driving. All I can say is WOW, this was exactly what I was looking for! The ride is still firm, the harshness has gone away, the car just feels more balanced on turn in, and everything just feels more planted. Of course the ride height looks sweet now, but I'll have to report back after I try to go in and out of a few driveways here to see if I start scraping plastic bits.

Thanks to Mike (dorifto88) for the deal on the springs and to Turner Motorsport for the Bilsteins!
i have 2007 m coupe and i am very upset about car's stiffness and roads are here in istanbul are too bumpy and crappy and bad
i just ordered eicbach pro kit but havent installed them
do you have any suggestions for me ?
or did u solved the problem by buying bilstein hd and eicbach pro kit ?
Appreciate 0