ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #1
torchmedia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White Z4MC

VF Installation Help Needed

Hi guys,

I am really getting close to finalizing my VF570 installation but I'm really stuck on hooking up all of the vacuum/boost lines. I am hoping someone with VF experience can help set me straight. I will reach out to VF, but it's the weekend

I am installing the VF570 with a Tial 50mm BOV, See attached photo.

1. This normally ties into the stock VF BPV. With the Tial I see no application for it. Cap it off?

2. Do I run a line from this down to the engine to drain any fluid, or something else?

3. This used to plug into the stock air box (elbow), I see no application for it now?

4. I am hooking up a boost gauge in the cabin, I believe I can get a boost reading off of this T?

5. Does this connect to the nipple on the bottom of the Tial (#7), or somewhere else?

6. Not sure what this elbowed nipple is for.

7. I installed the nipple that came with the Tial BOV I ordered from VF. Does this connect to #5?

8. This is a larger nipple, about double the size of #6. Not sure what application there is for this.

Thanks to all who can help provide insight.

Last edited by torchmedia; 04-05-2015 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Are you installing a Tial bypass or blow off valve? What model?

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchmedia View Post
Hi guys,

I am really getting close to finalizing my VF570 installation but I'm really stuck on hooking up all of the vacuum/boost lines. I am hoping someone with VF experience can help set me straight. I will reach out to VF, but it's the weekend

I am installing the VF570 with a Tial 50mm BOV, See attached photo.

1. This normally ties into the stock VF BPV. With the Tial I see no application for it. Cap it off?

2. Do I run a line from this down to the engine to drain any fluid, or something else?

3. This used to plug into the stock air box, I see no application for it now?

4. I am hooking up a boost gauge in the cabin, I believe I can get a boost reading off of this T?

5. Does this connect to the nipple on the bottom of the Tial (#7), or somewhere else?

7. I installed the nipple that came with the Tial BOV I ordered from VF. Not does this connect to #5?

8. This is a larger nipple, about double the size of #6. Not sure what application there is for this.

Thanks to all who can help provide insight.

The basic setup for the BPV is to plumb it between the intake pipe (before the blower)and the charge pipe(after the blower).
The vacuum source on the back of the intake manifold should be plumbed to the nipple on top of the BPV.
Your boost gauge will need the same vacuum source on the back of the IM

Hope this helps
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
torchmedia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Are you installing a Tial bypass or blow off valve? What model?
Tial Q 50mm, blow off
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 10:15 AM   #5
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
If the VF kit comes with a bypass, then yes, you will need to cap the hose that routes back to the intake.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 07:49 PM   #6
torchmedia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Mike from VF Engineering wrote me back today and answered all of my questions. I will post his response below for anyone who might need this information down the road.

Yes, cap it off.

That line connects the intake pipe to the top of the oil pan. It is used to drain any residual oil from the crankcase vent back into the oil pan.

3. This used to plug into the stock air box, I see no application for it now?

That line is no longer used. Remove the hard line from the solenoid and cap off the port.

Yes, you can use the T. The T must be installed on the equalizer tube on the throttle bodies.

One end goes on the equalizer tube and the other end goes to the Tial valve.

That is originally used for the helper port on the Greddy valve. You can cap the fitting since you are using the Tial valve.

7. I installed the nipple that came with the Tial BOV I ordered from VF. Not does this connect to #5?

One end goes on the equalizer tube and the other end goes to the Tial valve.

The larger 1” fitting is for the idler stabilizer hose.

Note: I wasn't referring to the idle stabilizer hose in #8, but I gather from everything else I'm reading that the port beside the stabilize hose needs to be capped off as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #7
dubsesd
#dubspec
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/ 2016 F80 M3 INDVL

let us know when you turn the key!
MPE / M Performance & Carbon package / KW v3 / 20" HRE R101LW / 20" HRE 527s / Michelin PSS / 20% tint / 3d Design / Streckenn splitters / OEM GTS hood / EAS Carbon seatbacks / Carbon RKP sideskirt / Bootmod3 / M Performance Tri color alcantara / AWE S Flow
instagram: @ dubsesd
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:32 PM   #8
torchmedia
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Key has been turned, and HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE THAT LOUD

lol

Youtube just doesn't do the VF570 any justice.

I'll be buttoning up the bumper, underbody panels etc this week and and take a video after it's all washed down
Appreciate 0