ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-18-2012, 03:27 AM   #1
MegalodonPursuit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i Convertible

Unhappy New wheel fitment for non-M Zs - HELP!

Ok so I bought a set of 19'' forgestar F14s for my 2005 Non-M Z4 w/ sports package. I just totally fell in love with the conical look with the aggressive offsets. But being the overzealous consumer I bought them without doing the proper research for non-M vehicles thinking the fit would be similar...

Right? Wrong!

The sizes I got were 19X8.5 ET 35 Front and 19X10 ET 20 Rear. They came out great except for the fact the rears stick out about 3/4 of an inch outside the fender (which is causing rubbing at the fenders apex)and my camber is already looking a bit more extreme than I want. However, I can live with it as song as I can fix the rubbing issue.

The tires aren't stretched by any means and I know that's a solution but my question is what makes the M model able to handle a 20 offset in the back and not a non-M? I was wondering if I could swap some components to give me that 3/4 of an inch I need. Also, I was wondering if there are any of you out there that have swapped components with other BMW models that aren't Z4s...

If I can fix this then great, otherwise I'm forced to sell the rims, they're just sitting around at the moment. It might turn out better since I was planning to hopefully lower the car in the future and it looks pretty grim with the way things are looking right about now...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #2
MegalodonPursuit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i Convertible

If anybody needs to see some pics there are some on the sale post:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715593
Appreciate 0