ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-04-2016, 12:35 PM   #1
1Joel1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe, 2010 335d

Nice Driving Shoes

Nike on sale:

http://us.puma.com/en_US/pd/bmw-igni...3AUSA&start=17
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

They're cool shoes but Puma is terrible to deal with. I have a pair that doesn't fit in a box in the garage because it just isn't worth it to jump through their gift card policy/return & exchange hoops. If anyone has the option of buying locally in case they don't fit I HIGHLY recommend going that route.

Edit: Wow, just saw the price. If they've got your size just buy a couple adjacent sizes for that cheap!
      03-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
They also carry BMW jackets, caps, etc. I saw them Christmas shopping, but I can only imagine how big of a ___ we'd look driving a BMW wearing a BMW jacket and BMW hat.

If you put in BMW in the puma search window, they have a number of products, but I don't see the jackets and hats I saw during Christmas. Those are probably already in the outlets or sold out.

Edit: I just didn't scroll down enough. Lots of products with BMW branding are still there, including duffles, backpacks, etc.

Edit2: They also have Ferrari:
http://us.puma.com/en_US/search?q=ferrari

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete

Last edited by SaltyNC; 03-04-2016 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
They also carry BMW jackets, caps, etc. I saw them Christmas shopping, but I can only imagine how big of a ___ we'd look driving a BMW wearing a BMW jacket and BMW hat.

Salty
I have lots of BMW and mostly ///M logo items, including hats, jackets, t-shirts, polo shirts, key chains, etc. I even have a couple pairs of Puma ///M shoes. I also have an ///M logo wallet and an ///M logo shoulder/computer bag (which I won at an event I attended). Oh, almost forgot about my two BMW ///M watches! I go to a lot of BMW-related events and motorsport events and I like to show my support for and interest in the BMW brand, particularly the ///M brand. Many of the people who show up at the events are wearing similar items, usually hats, t-shirts, and jackets, so it's hardly like I'm the only one.

As far as the Puma BMW/BMW Motorsports logo items, they produce these under license from BMW. I have several Puma BMW items, mostly polo shirts, even a white BMW Motorsports jacket that I've never worn, which were given to me as gifts, but frankly I don't really care for the look and quality of the Puma stuff. I much prefer the authentic BMW logo items. I usually buy them at a discount from places like getbmwparts.com or I get the BMW p/n and search online to see who has it the cheapest.

And if someone imagines how big of a ___ I look, I really don't give a ____. I've never cared much about how anyone thinks about me. Too many other important things in life to worry about.

P.S. Oh look, there's even an ///M logo in my sig!

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
P.S. Oh look, there's even an ///M logo in my sig!
I think your sig logo is cool. I hope I didn't offend you by my comment. It was meant to be a lighthearted acknowledgement of how others sometimes perceive BMW drivers.

I've mentioned it once before somewhere on here, but I like the 18-40-60 Rule. When we're 18, we worry about what everyone thinks of us. When we're 40, we don't give a rip what anyone thinks about us. When we're 60, we realize no one was ever paying us a bit of attention in the first place, they were too busy worrying about themselves.

Peace.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 07:07 PM   #6
Sterling Roadster
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: e85 Z4 3.0i & e92 328i

They may have a rounded heel but I wouldn't really call them 'driving shoes'. True driving shoes have a much stiffer than normal sole. I love puma design, they make a shoe called 'VEDANO' made of full leather and suede and super cheap for the quality you get.

If you want to feel like you car has better throttle response, pick up a pair of Piloti shoes. Driving shoes are not a gimmick, i got a pair of Piloti shoes and because there's no flex in the sole it feels totally different.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 07:24 PM   #7
Zyal8r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89

I am bummed

I too like the M logo. I have some design ideas for where to put those colors on my E89. Trouble is I don't have an M car.
I also was given an M cap and other cool M stuff at the Performance Center in South Carolina but same problem, no M car, and I would feel like a jerk wearing it so it is hanging in my closet. I also tell myself that I don't need that kind of status display so I usually wear my Hatteras cap. Oh right that's a yacht but hardly anyone knows that..
Occasionally I see someone wearing a Ferrari cap and I doubt if he has one. But hey who cares. The guy is a Ferrari fan.
Whatever!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #8
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
I too like the M logo. I have some design ideas for where to put those colors on my E89. Trouble is I don't have an M car.
I also was given an M cap and other cool M stuff at the Performance Center in South Carolina but same problem, no M car, and I would feel like a jerk wearing it so it is hanging in my closet. I also tell myself that I don't need that kind of status display so I usually wear my Hatteras cap. Oh right that's a yacht but hardly anyone knows that..
Occasionally I see someone wearing a Ferrari cap and I doubt if he has one. But hey who cares. The guy is a Ferrari fan.
Whatever!
It certainly doesn't stop BMW from labeling almost every car with M badges.... The Z435is has more M badges than my M roadster does....
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 08:36 PM   #9
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think your sig logo is cool. I hope I didn't offend you by my comment. It was meant to be a lighthearted acknowledgement of how others sometimes perceive BMW drivers.

I've mentioned it once before somewhere on here, but I like the 18-40-60 Rule. When we're 18, we worry about what everyone thinks of us. When we're 40, we don't give a rip what anyone thinks about us. When we're 60, we realize no one was ever paying us a bit of attention in the first place, they were too busy worrying about themselves.

Peace.

Salty
As the Aussies would say, no worries mate! Also thanks for the comment about the logo, although I'll have to admit that I "borrowed" the idea from another sig I saw.

I like your 18-40-60 Rule! I'm about 5 years north of the latter category now, and was recently introduced to Medicare!

I'll admit, I'm an ///M logo whore. And I can be a bit of a smart-ass.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 08:51 PM   #10
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyal8r View Post
Whatever!
My wife and I attended the M School at the Performance Center in SC last October and it was awesome! I proudly wear the hat and polo shirt I got as part of that experience. One of the things that finalized my decision to buy an M4. BTW, we found Greenville to be an absolutely lovely town with a fantastic downtown area, especially the park with the bridge and the waterfalls. We visited the BMW CCA offices just prior to the kickoff of the "Fall into Greenville" fall fair on a Friday. We had a great time roaming up and down the main drag, eating some great food, drinking beer, listening to some great music, and pigging out on great desserts.

I was a sailor most of my adult life and raced on a lot of big boats in my 50's so I hung around a lot of yacht clubs for the after parties and such, although I've never seen anyone wear a Hatteras hat. But I definitely know what a Hatteras is, although I think it's more of an East coast boat.

Go to a Formula One race, or even watch one, and you'll see hundreds, if not thousands of tifosi (Ferrari fans) adorned in all matter of Ferrari clothing, including hats, shirts, jackets, shoes, flag, umbrellas, etc., but I'll bet only a very, very small percentage of them actually own a Ferrari. It's all about what you identify with or what you aspire to. Besides, if you own a Ferrari, chances are you're not sitting in a general grandstand!

Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #11
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My wife and I attended the M School at the Performance Center in SC last October and it was awesome!
Was one of your driving instructors Mike Renner? When the new MINIs first came out, we started a MINI club and brought Mike and some of his guys up to the Lowes Motor Speedway and did a performance driving school for MINIs. It was a lot of fun.

I would love to do the M School in Spartanburg. It's only about 45 minutes from my house.

Salty
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2016, 09:35 AM   #12
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Bummer! They only have sizes 7, 7.5, and 12 in the shoe model linked.

They do look to have the full range of sizes in this model:

http://us.puma.com/en_US/pd/bmw-chro...05482_color=01
      03-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #13
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Was one of your driving instructors Mike Renner? When the new MINIs first came out, we started a MINI club and brought Mike and some of his guys up to the Lowes Motor Speedway and did a performance driving school for MINIs. It was a lot of fun.

I would love to do the M School in Spartanburg. It's only about 45 minutes from my house.

Salty
Unfortunately, we didn't even see Mike Renner either day. He was probably off acting as ambassador for the M School, which I think is his primary job these days.

At Oktoberfest 2013, which was held in Monterey, CA, I did get a couple of charity laps with Mike at Laguna Seca in an M6, which of course, was completely awesome! At Oktoberfest 2014, held at Beaver Creek Resort in Colorado, there were no track events, but there was an extended oval drifting contest in one of the parking lots with the brand-new M4. Mike instructed everyone for about four times around the cones. It's one thing to watch him do it, and something completely different to try the same thing, even with him sitting next to you and telling you exactly what to do. I didn't win .

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #14
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
2006 BMW Z4M Interlagos Blue/Black
Aux Port | LED Interior | LED Strip Trunk | Underseat First Aid Box | Stubby Antenna | Intravee II | BMW Oil Change Kit | Top Down Side Panels | Vibra Technics Engine Mounts | Rogue Trans Mounts | Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade | RS Windblocker | Euro Front Plate | M5 Illum Shift Knob | Strömung Exhaust | Gruppe-M Intake
Since we're completely off-topic in this thread:

I just noticed your sig and we have the same color combo! I also have the Strömung exhaust, which I love, as well as the First Aid box under both seats the AUX port, and a stubby antenna. The previous owner installed H&R Sport Springs; I installed the AFE Intake (for the sound) and I also have the aero side skirts, which really should have come standard on the M models.

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 02:06 PM   #15
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I just noticed your sig and we have the same color combo! I also have the Strömung exhaust, which I love, as well as the First Aid box under both seats the AUX port, and a stubby antenna. The previous owner installed H&R Sport Springs; I installed the AFE Intake (for the sound) and I also have the aero side skirts, which really should have come standard on the M models.
You also have an orange M4 in your sig. I sure wish we were toeing the same line on that one. I actually have the hots for the new M2, but an M4 would be awesome. I went to an M Invasion in Charlotte last week. The new Ms are amazing.

OK, back on topic ... I think a pair of those blue BMW shoes would coordinate great with your orange M4. And Mike Renner doesn't have to buy any Puma gear, because it's all provided for him by his employer.

Sorry, Joel, didn't mean to go off-topic in your thread.

Salty
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #16
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:

I just noticed your sig and we have the same color combo! I also have the StrÖmung exhaust, which I love, as well as the First Aid box under both seats the AUX port, and a stubby antenna. The previous owner installed H&R Sport Springs; I installed the AFE Intake (for the sound) and I also have the aero side skirts, which really should have come standard on the M models.
So it's just like the other threads here? Kinda been that way for an age, but it's fun, and that's enough for me.

Strömung has really come on as a favorite for veterans of the the exhaust wars. After several sets of cans, many seem to find it has a lot going for it.

Totally agree on the aero, can't really imagine the ///M without it now.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 06:39 PM   #17
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
So it's just like the other threads here? Kinda been that way for an age, but it's fun, and that's enough for me.

Strömung has really come on as a favorite for veterans of the the exhaust wars. After about 4-5 types, lots seem to find it's go a lot going for it.

I like it when we can have conversations in threads, especially ones where it doesn't really detract or take away from the original message. It just mimics real like where a group of friends passionate about their hobby talk about topics, go off on tangents, and get into new interesting topics. One thing leads to another.

Just like now, you guys now have me giving a second look to those aero side skirts.

Salty
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #18
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC
Quote:

Strömung has really come on as a favorite for veterans of the the exhaust wars. After about 4-5 types, lots seem to find it's go a lot going for it.

I like it when we can have conversations in threads, especially ones where it doesn't really detract or take away from the original message. It just mimics real like where a group of friends passionate about their hobby talk about topics, go off on tangents, and get into new interesting topics. One thing leads to another.

Just like now, you guys now have me giving a second look to those aero side skirts.

Salty
I'm always on board with meandering threads. Well at least with you guys, my experience in other forums has been it's less fun.

Side skirts are purely cosmetic but so good.

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=627525
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #19
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Quote:
I'm always on board with meandering threads. Well at least with you guys, my experience in other forums has been it's less fun.

hey its 2016 so if you want to wear a skirt who am I to judge?

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #20
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z
Quote:

hey its 2016 so if you want to wear a skirt who am I to judge?

Kilt buddy, kilt.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 06:45 PM   #21
MHeavNC
Turd in the Punch Bowl
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i /// 2008 M Coupe

I just went with these Sparco Pumas.. Super comfy and love the color!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #22
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHeavNC View Post
I just went with these Sparco Pumas.. Super comfy and love the color!
I have that same pair of Pumas, albeit without the "Sparco" tag on the tongue, which I use exclusively for track days. The only problem is that they fit so snugly and have a fairly rigid sole, that they're really uncomfortable to walk around in, so the first thing I do when I get back to the pit area, after removing my helmet, is change my shoes!

Appreciate 0