ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-12-2021, 12:08 PM   #23
SunUpTopDown3
Backroad Warrior
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Well said - drive it and enjoy it.

Left at 530 am this morning for a one hour top-down cruise of my little town and averaged 25 MPH....

https://www.google.com/search?q=gig+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Attachment 2645021
Hell yeah! lookin good racer bruce! that's what these cars were made for. Rock on!
      07-12-2021, 08:34 PM   #24
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
I don't mind that roadsters are less expensive. Saved me a ton of money getting in though I suppose that will be offset by the depreciation in the longer run. Mine was $10k cheaper than a similarly aged Boxster which had 3x the mileage. What a bargain.
Exactly why I ended up in my car. I had a 2006 S2000 which was leased. I wanted to lease a 2009 S2000 in white over red and potentially, buy it out later but the lease rates for the 09 were way higher than what I paid in 06. I looked at Boxster S's as I had a 2002 Boxster 2.7 which I loved, but a comparable 2006 Boxster S was about 10k more than the M Roadster which was illogical so I went with the BMW. I think the Boxster S is better in some ways (handling/braking/precision), but the S54 was superior to the Boxster S's 3.2.
Yeah since the Z4M Roadster is becoming more and more a weekend toy for me I think I prefer the scrappy nature and theatre of the chassis and S54 mated to a less precise Boxster. Whereas my DD sports car I prefer a more buttoned relaxed nature. Its a 2 seater convertible; I only like driving it when I can keep the roof down anyway.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3853.50