ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-05-2021, 10:23 PM   #1
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Blown fuse??

Hey all just picked up a z4m. I got an fm radio transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and noticed it wasnt working one day and coincidentally the car had issues starting along with some one touch open and close for the roof snd windows. I think the car previously had some Carly customizations to it because i was able to triple press unlock with the key to bring the roof down. Currently that triple click does not work along with no power from the cigarette lighter.

I was wondering if anyone had similar issues and if i just need to replace the fuse in addition to not being able to use the lighter to power the fm transmitter

Thanks.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2021, 12:17 PM   #2
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Yes, check your fuses. If, ok then check your battery( a weak battery causes odd things to happen)

Finally, a code reader and go from there if a code comes up.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 05:48 AM   #3
thatg
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E93 M3

Thanks for the tip, no codes actually. I guess i'll swap out the fuse and see if it fixes the cigg lighter/blows out again and go from there

http://www.e90post.com/forums/search...&starteronly=1
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 08:54 AM   #4
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

If you've got triple click to bring the roof down that means you've got an actual 3rd party module added to make that happen. If a new fuse and battery don't solve any electrical issues you have it's possible that module has gone a bit wonky and is causing problems. The Z4s are very sensitive electrically. Old battery, alternator/voltage regulator issues are common causes of glitches.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #5
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

FYI even without the module you can put the roof down with your key as standard in the Z4. Hit unlock once then a second time and hold it. The roof and windows will come down.
Appreciate 0