ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #89
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Somehow the post didn't show up next time I viewed the thread so I retyped it lol.
      04-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #90
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

o cha do u think our cars need a clutch upgrade with the supercharger installed?
      04-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #91
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
o cha do u think our cars need a clutch upgrade with the supercharger installed?
It holds the power fine. But I wouldn't replace the stock with stock once it wears out, I wouldn't do so stock either though.

If it needed it I would have done it.
      04-17-2009, 12:02 AM   #92
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

thx
i am looking forward to ur long term review of the system ... I would love to buy it however no one has really run it long enough to give a good reivew. Roman had run them however he is still afflicated with ESS heavily which isn't the best source for info.
      04-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #93
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
thx
i am looking forward to ur long term review of the system ... I would love to buy it however no one has really run it long enough to give a good reivew. Roman had run them however he is still afflicated with ESS heavily which isn't the best source for info.
What are you worried about long term? The engine? Or something about the kit itself?

I can tell you the engine can handle these power levels very easily, other kits have been making this power for 5 years or more.

I would say I am very non bias, and you could probably tell if you looked over my posts about the kit. I point out the parts of it that were poorly done (most of which was fixed since) and the issues I've had. But I do have a BMW shop so I'm somewhat biased in that id love for people I help to buy things through us. (but that small bias has nothing to do with my passionate hate for ebay headers, that has to do with having to install and deal with them.)
      04-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #94
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

ok i will starting saving up for supercharger!!
      03-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #95
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

where are you located in florida...im in NC and would love to have one installed by you. what are the install prices?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #96
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Where in Orlando are you? I used to live there and graduated from UCF. I get back there every few months to see old friends and would love to swing by and check out the shop if thats cool with you. I lived on the east side by UCF and thats where I hang out mostly. intersection of 408 & 417.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #97
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Holy thread bump,

Shops in Winterpark, www.precision-sport.com
      09-17-2014, 05:16 AM   #98
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I did two little tweaks today, one involved the brake booster the other involved the intake section.

Took the car out and I was hitting 6 indicated, now I'm hitting 7.5 easy! Thing pulled in fourth like crazy. It was cold out though, and though its counter intuitive (to turbochargers) you get more boost cold from a supercharger. Will be taking a video or two tomorrow during the day I think.

Oh and from w/e speed redline in fourth is I was slamming on the brakes, the stoptechs Fing SHINE here.
What is the tweak that you did on the brake booster and intake manifold that corrected your boost issue ?
Appreciate 0