ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-19-2015, 09:08 AM   #23
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

PS-7 on my non M. The rear would be deeper dished for the M. I know the style is for blacked out rims these days, but on a black car I felt it would be too much. Saved about 5lbs per wheel with this set up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #24
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCoupe View Post
PS-7 on my non M. The rear would be deeper dished for the M. I know the style is for blacked out rims these days, but on a black car I felt it would be too much. Saved about 5lbs per wheel with this set up.
Looking good I'm partial to silver wheels
Is that 18 or 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
^^those are nice

the V803's came in this weekend and I had them mounted. The guy that did the mounting dinged one of the wheels in 3 spots exactly why I hate letting other people touch the Z!

Coilovers incoming (and maybe aero skirts...), will post better photos when everything is installed. I'm really digging these, the offsets worked out great excuse the dirt and uneven ground

Service and quality from VMR have been fantastic, no complaints
The V803 actually looked pretty good, better than I thought - thanks for the pictures Now if only Apex had a version of it in 18s...hmmm.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #25
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks! They are 18s.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:01 AM   #26
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Looks great in hyper silver, you made the right choice

h&r coilovers came in on the weekend and I finished the install last night. Need to raise the front a hair to clear my lumpy side of the driveway (wife wont give up her side, kids + car seats...) but man do I love the way it looks. Will post a quick pick once my boss goes away lol
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #27
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep

Best I could do in the parking lot sandwiched between 2 cars, hopefully I'll have a chance to get some nicer shots this weekend

Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 10:57 AM   #28
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep

How's the ride?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #29
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep

Quote:
How's the ride?
The best way I could describe it is to say it's much more controlled. The ride is a lot more firm than stock, and jounce/rebound are handled much better as well. The result is the car doesn't "bounce" when going over bumps, and body roll on turns is nearly gone. FWIW, my stock setup had about 60k miles on it.

In terms of comfort, it's at about the same level as stock. Again it's firmer, but the chassis doesn't get upset as easily, so it kind of balances out. I hope that makes sense.

Would purchase again
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 02:22 PM   #30
SDCoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Good to know. Thanks! I've been considering coilovers but don't want the ride to be unbearable. I've seen lowered cars hopping along the freeway here because of the expansion joints and don't want that effect.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #31
Bossdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR Imola Red

I Love the V710's, they look great! However, it doesn't look like they save any weight over the OEM rims?? About 25 LBS, am I correct on that?
I like the weight of the Apex Arc 8, Right around 20 LBS.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2015, 12:10 PM   #32
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
I like both also. But my vote is likely going to Apex, not only for the lighter weight, but also for being JWL tested and certified. VMR claimed to meet JWL requirements, but I don't see any certification stampings on their wheels.
Our Flow Formed lineup is going to be comparable to Apex wheels in terms of weight. Some options are even a bit lighter

Regarding certifications, our wheels do indeed meet the most stringent testing procedures and are either TUV certified, or in the process. Stampings are present, but on most wheels on the back (our new flow formed V804 is an exception and has the stamping in the front). For a full list of the current TUV certs, please visit our VMR Wheels Europe site here -> http://www.vmrwheels.eu/certificates.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
^^those are nice

the V803's came in this weekend and I had them mounted. The guy that did the mounting dinged one of the wheels in 3 spots exactly why I hate letting other people touch the Z!

Coilovers incoming (and maybe aero skirts...), will post better photos when everything is installed. I'm really digging these, the offsets worked out great excuse the dirt and uneven ground

Service and quality from VMR have been fantastic, no complaints
Wow, this came out GORGEOUS!!! When you take some more shots, please email them over! Also, shoot me an email regarding the ding, I may have a solution for you on that. brandon@velocitymotoring.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arick View Post
Here is my setup.....absolutely love it! Rear fitment is perfect, fronts I wish poked out a wee bit more

V710 19x8.5 ET35 5x120 72.6
V710 19x10 ET25 5x120 72.6

245/35/19 | 275/30/19

I will never get tired of seeing this setup, just stunning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Looking good I'm partial to silver wheels
Is that 18 or 19?

The V803 actually looked pretty good, better than I thought - thanks for the pictures Now if only Apex had a version of it in 18s...hmmm.
Keep in mind the V803 is one of our flow-formed options, thus weight is on par with Apex. In some sizes the VMR offering is actually lighter than Apex but differences of ~1lb or less are negligible from a practical standpoint, there are so many other factors that come into play (i.e. tire compound, tire weight, alignment, suspension setup, seat time, wheel strength & design, etc.). Apex wheels are popular for a reason, there's no denying that, but I just want to make sure our performance options get a fair chance Oh, and an 18" version is in the works from us

Apex 19x8.5 ET35 recorded weight for PS-7 @ 21.9lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossdog View Post
I Love the V710's, they look great! However, it doesn't look like they save any weight over the OEM rims?? About 25 LBS, am I correct on that?
I like the weight of the Apex Arc 8, Right around 20 LBS.
I think you may be surprised! If you're looking for a lighter weight option, our Flow Formed V710 (V710FF) would be the way to go. Again, a bit lighter than the comparable Apex but close enough where on the track, this sort of difference near as makes no difference. If you're interested in 18" specifically, we do have the V810 flow-formed option already available, though 18" V710FF and 18" V803 are in development.

09-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #33
E86Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3.0si

I was looking for a similar option for my 3.0coupe in 18".

I found these: http://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo...4a&fn=titanium
Appreciate 0