ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
m3griff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0Si

New Nonrunflats - what a difference!

I'll be the latest to chime in on the joy having nonrunflats. Had a nail in one of the rear runflats giving me a slow (2-3 psi/day) leak. Finally took it to my local "goto" tire guys for patching and they found that the nail was long enough that it was wearing a hole in the sidewall (I saw the worn area). Lucky I had it looked at it when I did or I would have had a tire structural failure at some point.

Rather than spending $370 for one tire, I decided to go ahead and get a complete set of nonrunflats. The Nitto Invo is getting a lot of good press from the E90 guys and the Corvette guys, so I bought a set from Discount Tire Direct for $660 total.

Got them mounted yesterday and the car feels transformed. Still a firm ride, but greatly reduces the tramlining and the twitchiness. Also handles better in corners (no sudden leaps). We will see how they hold up, but I am very pleased after two days and 200+ miles.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #2
boxter4ever
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 3.0si

i got s set of wheels and tires from a 2008 z4m yesterday on this fourm to replace the run flats on my 2006 z4 3.0 si.Wow like a new car!
Appreciate 0