ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-09-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
*update*

They cant get the timing right.

O-cha......you were right
I feel sad and happy at the same time. Happy cuz I called it, but sad because you have to go through it.

Look on the bright side though, at least they didn't time it wrong, send you on your way, have you send a valve through the piston and then blame it on you.

You want me to call them and help them through it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
I got inspection 1 done at 21k and I feel my timing isn't right either. how can i check my timing, I am complete fool when it comes to engine knowhow? Thanks
Timing isn't touched for inspection 1. Only time I would worry about it is if you have vanos replaced (they can accidentally un-time it), or any head work.
      03-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #24
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
And what they meant was the guy from the wash bay will go to town on your valves with a metal wheel. (can you tell I don't think very highly of the dealerships?
My opinion of the dealerships to a Tee. Hell they cant even fill my oil right. They have ordered and installed the wrong parts on more than one occasion. A simple fix becomes a long strung out three trip visit. Gonna try to do the work myself or find a good private mechanic in the city for tough jobs. I just dont trust anyone to work on such a beast.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings

Last edited by mousitch; 03-11-2010 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 04:35 PM   #25
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

still no car
      03-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #26
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Anything?
      04-25-2010, 11:25 PM   #27
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

curious of the outcome...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #28
onebluemcm
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
curious of the outcome...
+1 - Any news? If it's under warranty and they aren't getting it right, you need to go down there and find the damned shop manager or general manager and get in their face about this. They may be a buch of f-n apes, but I guarantee you they know what an M car is, and if you get on them about it from the point of view of how are you ever going to be able to sell it, look what they've done to make the car depreciate, look how they've devalued your car, etc, etc (true or not), they'll finally get the one old guy every shop has that really knows what he's doing to work on your car.

If you don't tactfully, forcefully assert yourself with them, they will run you over back and forth until you just go away. If you aren't getting the answers you like from the minions, get the next guy up the chain of command. I mean if there is anything at all left unaddressed, screw that person and demand the next person in command. And if that person isn't answering satisfactorily, get the next guy up - BMW-NA if you have to (I'd notify them anyway - misdiagnosing problems is something they like to hear about).

Pulling a head off a VANOS motor for no reason?...I'd go crazy on them!! I'm involved in the medical field - it's like doing brain surgery when really what it had was an ingrown toe nail!!! Stories like this are so maddening because BMW has the gall to advertise such good service when in reality, the domestic brands (Ford for example, I have first hand expereince with major service from them) are handily smokin' them in customer care - it is totally unexcusable.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2010, 05:15 PM   #29
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Still no update? Possibly BMW NA step in with a topping of an non disclosure agreement? They like to do that.
      06-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #30
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

hey guys, sorry been busy.

M was stolen(thats a whole 'nother story.

anywho.

they "fixed" the leak. until last week as i am installing my afe intake do i notice the pool of oil on the belly pan.

the fucked up part is that when i took it it to the first dealer they said first it was the oil pan, then the valve cover gasket then finally the head gasket ...they were wrong 3 times. and then they couldnt get the timing right for 2 weeks.

dumbasses

took it to another dealer ( SD bmw ) that found the rear pcv valve to be leaking, as ocha predicted. lol

also found my engine mount loose....scary.

will update when i get it back.
      06-16-2010, 11:46 PM   #31
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
+1 - Any news? If it's under warranty and they aren't getting it right, you need to go down there and find the damned shop manager or general manager and get in their face about this. They may be a buch of f-n apes, but I guarantee you they know what an M car is, and if you get on them about it from the point of view of how are you ever going to be able to sell it, look what they've done to make the car depreciate, look how they've devalued your car, etc, etc (true or not), they'll finally get the one old guy every shop has that really knows what he's doing to work on your car.

If you don't tactfully, forcefully assert yourself with them, they will run you over back and forth until you just go away. If you aren't getting the answers you like from the minions, get the next guy up the chain of command. I mean if there is anything at all left unaddressed, screw that person and demand the next person in command. And if that person isn't answering satisfactorily, get the next guy up - BMW-NA if you have to (I'd notify them anyway - misdiagnosing problems is something they like to hear about).

Pulling a head off a VANOS motor for no reason?...I'd go crazy on them!! I'm involved in the medical field - it's like doing brain surgery when really what it had was an ingrown toe nail!!! Stories like this are so maddening because BMW has the gall to advertise such good service when in reality, the domestic brands (Ford for example, I have first hand expereince with major service from them) are handily smokin' them in customer care - it is totally unexcusable.
yeah, already did that song and dance when i got my 335 lemoned.
      06-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #32
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

so had it back for a week, no more leaks, sd bmw did it right.

now i have a suspension noise.....nice
      07-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #33
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep

Holy headache. Don't know how some of these dealers stay in business... Had a HEADACHE with the one I bought mine from. Ocha, what's that you say about bmw na and nondisclosure agreements eh?
      07-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #34
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
Holy headache. Don't know how some of these dealers stay in business... Had a HEADACHE with the one I bought mine from. Ocha, what's that you say about bmw na and nondisclosure agreements eh?
They do it for warranty work and when they fuck up a lot.
      07-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #35
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
They do it for warranty work and when they fuck up a lot.
What, ask you to sign one or refuse to fix your car? They have Tony ask if you like your kneecaps?

How does this little scheme work? Curious....
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #36
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
What, ask you to sign one or refuse to fix your car? They have Tony ask if you like your kneecaps?

How does this little scheme work? Curious....
Sounds like when the dealer fucks up big time, that bmw na steps in, takes good care of you so long as you sign an agreement of non-disclosure so you don't go ranting and raving on the boards or the media about how bad your experience was.

Makes me feel like I should have went through bmw na after doing business with the dealer I purchased my mc from. Perhaps why when threatened with a nice, LONG letter to bmw na about my experience with them, they finally decided to change their "tough shit" attitude to a "go get a quote and we'll settle it like adults" approach. Don't know how they stay in business.

Anyway, that is a topic for another thread. Sorry to hijack.

/rant.