ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-10-2008, 06:01 PM   #177
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

whoever gets one please post a review.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #178
laidback
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M's

I'll call Eloy tomorrow a.m and find out if you can call in your order and also see if he can post the scoops on the website asap...and also to chime in on this forum aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I'm just looking for a place to buy them on the website and I don't see it yet.

More importantly, we were talking about how they should be interchangeable with the 3.0, but then there was mention of a separate scoop for the 3.0. Is there an intake measurement so I can see if it will fit ahead of time?
+1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
Whether or not it is applicable to the non Z4M is still in the works. For now it is for the Z4MC and Z4MRoadster
There is a grp buy for the skid plates going on right now...and 20 people so far are in for the grp buy...the price is $65 for a pair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kav View Post
I'm in if there is a real group buy price with the skid plates.
I have both skid plates which are awesome...and the RPI race scoops with the BMC filter is what i have also and gained 8 hp to the wheels and increase in torque while the ECU is still relearning the scoops/ bmc filter and so far right now I feel the car is alot stronger than when we initially installed the RPI scoops...did a test pull on stock Z4M and E46 M3 less than a week ago and the Z4Mcoupe with the RPI scoops and BMC filter pulled away and performed very well...I highly recommend this worthy and inexpensive upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
whoever gets one please post a review.
Btw guys I was at RPI yesterday at their open house and Eloy showed me the final version of RPI scoops for the Z4mcoupe and he was able to tweak them and make them bigger (to channel more air) than the one i am currently using and I am sure we will get more hp and tq on the final version
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #179
laidback
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here is the dyno numbers...my peak baseline stock that day was 280hp and with the scoops we only did one or two runs and we already gained 8whp...
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=104
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #180
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Dunno...got any info on it?
http://www.dinancars.com/store/Ram-A...80-p-1347.html

Ram Air Intake Duct (03-05)
If you plan to enhance the engine performance of your Z4 in phases the Ram Air Duct and High Flow Intake, along with Stage 2 Engine Software, are recommended as the first step.

In order to take full advantage of the ram-air effect, Dinan has developed a replacement inlet featuring a significantly more aggressive design, delivering greater volumes of cool air to the intake system as road speed increases. Careful attention to detail ensures that the duct design gobbles up maximum air while ensuring that water isn't ingested in the process. The Ram Air Duct has been designed for use in conjunction with the High Flow Intake, but will also provide enhanced performance when used with the stock air box.

Stage 2 Dinan Performance Engine Software is recommended and is available as an option, developed specifically for use with the Ram Air Duct and/or High Flow Intake.

Part # D760-0022
Labor Hours 2
Price $349.00
Emission Status 50 State Emission Legal
Maximum Horsepower Gain 5 @ 6500 rpm
Maximum Torque Gain 4 lb/ft @ 6500 rpm
Point Value 2

Special Notes Designed for use in conjunction with the High Flow Intake. May also be used with the stock air box for added performance.

On another note: Laidback, any details about non-M fitment?
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #181
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdm4k View Post
http://www.dinancars.com/store/Ram-A...80-p-1347.html

Ram Air Intake Duct (03-05)
If you plan to enhance the engine performance of your Z4 in phases the Ram Air Duct and High Flow Intake, along with Stage 2 Engine Software, are recommended as the first step.

In order to take full advantage of the ram-air effect, Dinan has developed a replacement inlet featuring a significantly more aggressive design, delivering greater volumes of cool air to the intake system as road speed increases. Careful attention to detail ensures that the duct design gobbles up maximum air while ensuring that water isn't ingested in the process. The Ram Air Duct has been designed for use in conjunction with the High Flow Intake, but will also provide enhanced performance when used with the stock air box.

Stage 2 Dinan Performance Engine Software is recommended and is available as an option, developed specifically for use with the Ram Air Duct and/or High Flow Intake.

Part # D760-0022
Labor Hours 2
Price $349.00
Emission Status 50 State Emission Legal
Maximum Horsepower Gain 5 @ 6500 rpm
Maximum Torque Gain 4 lb/ft @ 6500 rpm
Point Value 2

Special Notes Designed for use in conjunction with the High Flow Intake. May also be used with the stock air box for added performance.

On another note: Laidback, any details about non-M fitment?

So is that just for non/Ms?

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #182
Zeddy4Me
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 09, AW E90 M3 6MT

Just got the scoops put in the M Coupe this morning.... WOW!! Its like Night & Day. period!! I instantly felt the car being stronger... its like having the SPORT button on constantly. Press the SPORT button and even faster...

Off the line, the car has a lot more torque... midrange has improved too. I'm sure the car will be in better shape in a couple of days as the ECU is learning... Did some pulls today on at VW GTI, from 30mph and 60mph, bye bye!!

Everyone thats getting one... you MUST get the BMC filter too.

Eloy is custom making each one so just be patient. For the NON-M's, we are doing some more R&D on the gains it will produce... please be patient as well... More to come in a couple of days
      02-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #183
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Gotta love the butt dyno!!

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #184
vachss
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy4Me View Post

Off the line, the car has a lot more torque...
That's pretty amazing that there is a significant effect at low speeds from a device that works on ram air pressure. I guess the stock airbox must be really restrictive.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #185
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep

Quote:
Just got the scoops put in the M Coupe this morning.... WOW!! Its like Night & Day. period!! I instantly felt the car being stronger... its like having the SPORT button on constantly. Press the SPORT button and even faster...

Off the line, the car has a lot more torque... midrange has improved too. I'm sure the car will be in better shape in a couple of days as the ECU is learning... Did some pulls today on at VW GTI, from 30mph and 60mph, bye bye!!

Everyone thats getting one... you MUST get the BMC filter too.

Eloy is custom making each one so just be patient. For the NON-M's, we are doing some more R&D on the gains it will produce... please be patient as well... More to come in a couple of days
wow. i am going to be ordering the scoop and air filter. noticable gains is really surprising. Did you DIY??

keep the reviews coming
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #186
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Reviews AND pictures!!!

More vids would be cool too!
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #187
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Heres the link for you guys to order the skidplates. I put the weight at "0" for the groupbuy so the shipping is free. We had the plates powdercoated (it just looked better) thus the slight increase of cost.

I am taking orders for the scoops. At this time, I am taking orders/appoinments for local Z4M owners only. I should be ready to start shipping them out of state in about a month.

Link for skid plates
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #188
BurnouTT-M
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M/// Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPIpower View Post
I am taking orders for the scoops. At this time, I am taking orders/appoinments for local Z4M owners only. [/URL]
When do you think you can ship out a scoop for me (to germany)? I think we got also a big market for such an item...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #189
wyu177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 m240i

How/where do we go about placing the order for the scoop/filter?

Quote:
Heres the link for you guys to order the skidplates. I put the weight at "0" for the groupbuy so the shipping is free. We had the plates powdercoated (it just looked better) thus the slight increase of cost.

I am taking orders for the scoops. At this time, I am taking orders/appoinments for local Z4M owners only. I should be ready to start shipping them out of state in about a month.

Link for skid plates
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #190
AtoB
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Link for skid plates
..... do you have any info on what we acn expect as for installation? i think i remember you saying that bumper removal was not needed... does that still stand? obviously, being in boston i will not be making an installation appointment... but i want to be sure that there are no major install hassles like with the DINAN scoop.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #191
laidback
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I think you can order thru raceprecision.com once Eloy get's this thing going...And I would like to congratulate all those who have them and those who will have them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyu177 View Post
How/where do we go about placing the order for the scoop/filter?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #192
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtoB View Post
..... do you have any info on what we acn expect as for installation? i think i remember you saying that bumper removal was not needed... does that still stand? obviously, being in boston i will not be making an installation appointment... but i want to be sure that there are no major install hassles like with the DINAN scoop.
+1...Give us the installation low down for the non-SOCAL guys.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #193
Zeddy4Me
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

I will take some pictures in the next couple of days and post.

The stock airbox IS indeed pretty restrictive, AIR FILTER & CHARCOL FILTER. I'm sure I saved about .5lbs replacing with BMC filter, hahaha! A noticeable finding today ... MPG has improved too... about 1 - 2 mpg more... Awesome bang for the buck.

Installation is pretty easy... remove drivers side grill, remove restrictive plate to the entrance and screw in RPI scoops... SHould take no longer than 10 min. For the air filter, I'm sure everyone knows how to do that one... simply replace the "orange" stock filter and remove charcol filter. VOILA!!

ECU learns in about a day...
      02-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #194
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnouTT-M View Post
When do you think you can ship out a scoop for me (to germany)? I think we got also a big market for such an item...
Please contact Roy at CA Automotive. They are our European distributor.

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/home.php
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #195
Z4coupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 coupe

Elroy, dont mean to bug you on this but any news on if and when an SI version would be out? Im sure we could generate just as much intrest in one for the SI as do the M guys. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #196
Zeddy4Me
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4coupe View Post
Elroy, dont mean to bug you on this but any news on if and when an SI version would be out? Im sure we could generate just as much intrest in one for the SI as do the M guys. Thanks

I know I talked to Eloy the other day about the scoops for the Non-M's.... I will see him tommorrow and we'll discuss further... We're doing some R&D on the Non-M's... I will get back to you on the discussion.
      02-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #197
Z4coupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 coupe

Quote:
I know I talked to Eloy the other day about the scoops for the Non-M's.... I will see him tommorrow and we'll discuss further... We're doing some R&D on the Non-M's... I will get back to you on the discussion.

Thanks for helping us all out. Would be very interesting to see some dyno #s of the non Ms with the scoop and filter.Keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #198
Zeddy4Me
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4coupe View Post
Thanks for helping us all out. Would be very interesting to see some dyno #s of the non Ms with the scoop and filter.Keep us updated

Will see Eloy tommorow... will keep everyone updated...