ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #1
the dink
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4

Blue tooth Help

05 Z4 Got my phone synced to the car. Punched in the pass code the phone asked for and I can receive calls ok now. I tried to export my contacts to the car but cant, radio keeps saying phone book empty. The telephone manual the car should have is gone. I got this far just fumbling around, anyone know the skinny on getting my phone contacts in the cars phonebook?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #2
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

The first time I paired mine, it just sucked them all up.
I didn't do anything to trigger the process.
For some reason it must not be able to find your contact list.
Can you try it with another phone?
      04-17-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
Roadie
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Check and verify that your phone is set up to allow contacts to sync to bluetooth. My only experience is with iPhone 4s and 5s. It's the same on both:

Settings>Bluetooth>Devices>press the "info" icon next to the BMWXXXXX device (blue"i" in the little blue circle)>Turn on "Sync Contacts">Choose which contacts to sync from "groups" ("Favorites", "Recents", or "All Contacts")

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #4
the dink
Private First Class
Rep

After lots of playing last night, I got quite a bit figured out. I can answer phone thru talking head button and hang up. When I press and hold talking head button I get no response from car. Is there something else needed to start the command process. If I can get the command to start then I think I can speak my phone numbers and contacts in. Thanks for the input you have already given. Randy
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
Roadie
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Found this on other forum.

"When your Z4 says "phonebook" what the guy (I'll refer to the computer voice as a he) means is that you haven't manually entered any voice commanded names. You have to hold the speak button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds and wait for the beep. Then say

Save Name

He'll ask for the name and you say it. Then he'll ask for the number and you speak it. I do it 3 digits, 3 digits, 4 digits (when you pause he'll confirm the entry). Then when he asks for more numbers say "save". That'll create a voice entry.

It WON'T affect what is displayed on the radio as "phonebook" (in my experience). This is a separate phonebook - one that you can dial using the steering wheel buttons but not through voice commands."

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #6
the dink
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Found this on other forum.

"When your Z4 says "phonebook" what the guy (I'll refer to the computer voice as a he) means is that you haven't manually entered any voice commanded names. You have to hold the speak button on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds and wait for the beep. Then say

Save Name

He'll ask for the name and you say it. Then he'll ask for the number and you speak it. I do it 3 digits, 3 digits, 4 digits (when you pause he'll confirm the entry). Then when he asks for more numbers say "save". That'll create a voice entry.

It WON'T affect what is displayed on the radio as "phonebook" (in my experience). This is a separate phonebook - one that you can dial using the steering wheel buttons but not through voice commands."

Hope this helps.
That's my problem! When I hold the speak button nothing happens.
Appreciate 0