ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
killjohnnyforan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Busted headlight

earlier this week i brought my car to the dealer, because i thrashed a pothole pretty hard, hard enough to knock out the auto leveling feature on my headlight. i told them that the headlight points straight down. after a week of waiting around they tell me there is nothing they can do short of replacing the headlight. and since i did the angel eye mod, i'd have to fork over $1400. i asked if maybe there was one part they could replace, and forgo the outrageous fee for and otherwise functional, and rather stylish headlight. much to my frustration they inform me the headlight only comes as a unit. i smell b.s, so i tell them i'll be there in an hour to get my car. i get home and check realoem.com, and lo and behold part # 67168352206, vertical control module. seems like the perfect fix for a headlight that points straight down, and at seventy something dollars, rather economical from my standpoint. tomorrow morning they will receive a friendly phone call from me.

My only real question for any of you guys is where would be the best place to buy this from? I'm done with the dealer, they also decided to charge me a half hour for service just to improperly diagnose the problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

mileoneparts.com
Appreciate 0