ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
whitejdm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Feeler: Stromung exhaust

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
exhaust is Sold Sold Sold

Last edited by whitejdm; 03-31-2011 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
GLWS! Try tossing it up on kijiji, you'll get a lot more responses than you'd think!
      03-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

just as a matter of timing, 45acp is organizing a stromung exhaust groupbuy tt will, more than likely, result in having to lower ur asking price if past groupbuy pricing ($695 in 2008) is referenced.

why're u looking to swap for rpi's? if anything, the rpi's are even more hooliganic and outlandish than the stromungs are
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
melo
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
just as a matter of timing, 45acp is organizing a stromung exhaust groupbuy tt will, more than likely, result in having to lower ur asking price if past groupbuy pricing ($695 in 2008) is referenced.

why're u looking to swap for rpi's? if anything, the rpi's are even more hooliganic and outlandish than the stromungs are
wanna provide the link to the group buy? :P
      03-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #5
Quickid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC, 06 X5 4.4i, 99 323i

Your write-up got me sold on Stromung and now this? What's wrong? Not enough volume?

Where in Canada are you?
      03-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
whitejdm
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickid View Post
Your write-up got me sold on Stromung and now this? What's wrong? Not enough volume?

Where in Canada are you?

I'm up in Edmonton.

Yeah, it has been a strange turn of events but basically after driving around for a while with the windows down (now that the weather is a tad better here) I'm just not getting the volume I want or any pops on the over run. And instead of trying to add parts (x pipes/sect 1 etc..) I've decided to just swap them out.

I understand there's a group buy going on so my timing is horrible haha, if it becomes too much of a shit show I'm just gonna keep them for this season and swap them next summer.

Just wanted to reinforce that my review is accurate and still very positive so if it's sold you on them the only thing I have to add is they are slightly quieter outside than you may expect.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
Quickid
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC, 06 X5 4.4i, 99 323i

I was hoping you're close by. I would love to hear it for myself and possibly get them off your hands.
      03-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #8
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Do you have catless headers? They will add volume, pops, and a noticeable amount of power.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #9
alvinli217
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola RED dIrTy Z4MR - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejdm View Post
I'm up in Edmonton.

Yeah, it has been a strange turn of events but basically after driving around for a while with the windows down (now that the weather is a tad better here) I'm just not getting the volume I want or any pops on the over run. And instead of trying to add parts (x pipes/sect 1 etc..) I've decided to just swap them out.

I understand there's a group buy going on so my timing is horrible haha, if it becomes too much of a shit show I'm just gonna keep them for this season and swap them next summer.

Just wanted to reinforce that my review is accurate and still very positive so if it's sold you on them the only thing I have to add is they are slightly quieter outside than you may expect.
LOL i am not sure about what u said man...
i do get pops and volume is pretty good for DD and sprint driving.

i think u need to run it in first man or maybe ur just not driving it hard enough

i got my girlfriend to rev it for me while i stand behind the car, it's really nice and deep now, i hope u don't regret selling it man. im lovin it

RPI would be really loud to be honest with u, that's what i had on my car before i bought the Stromung
u will be looking at like 4-5 times the sound level of the Stromung
RPI scoop|BMC drop in filter|EAS V1 aluminum mount|ZHP shiftknob|RHO plate holder|matte black grill|LED interior & license plate light|RE SSK|RE tranny mount|UUC engine mount|Bavarian CDV|clutch stop|18" Forgestar CF5 GOLD|RPI exhaust|H&R coilovers| RE RSM|
coming soon: aFe intake|tune|secondary cat delete|
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
whitejdm
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinli217 View Post
LOL i am not sure about what u said man...
i do get pops and volume is pretty good for DD and sprint driving.

i think u need to run it in first man or maybe ur just not driving it hard enough

i got my girlfriend to rev it for me while i stand behind the car, it's really nice and deep now, i hope u don't regret selling it man. im lovin it

RPI would be really loud to be honest with u, that's what i had on my car before i bought the Stromung
u will be looking at like 4-5 times the sound level of the Stromung
Haha yeah it's wierd because the car with NO mufflers didn't seem 4 to 5 times louder than the stomung at all. Maybe I'm deaf, or my reality has been completely warped from years of stupid loud racing exhausts on every other car I've owned.

Ah well, it looks like the Stromung group buy will fall apart so I'll have some options.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
dorifto88
Major
Rep
Drives: 88 Nissan Pathfinder

would you ship to CA?

if so, at what price point would you be comfortable selling the system for?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #12
alvinli217
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola RED dIrTy Z4MR - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejdm View Post
Haha yeah it's wierd because the car with NO mufflers didn't seem 4 to 5 times louder than the stomung at all. Maybe I'm deaf, or my reality has been completely warped from years of stupid loud racing exhausts on every other car I've owned.

Ah well, it looks like the Stromung group buy will fall apart so I'll have some options.
icic LOL maybe im just tired of the loud exhaust i had on my previous STi so i wanted something with decent amount of noise that i can talk at highway speed. it was like arguing with my girlfriend in the car back in the STi and when i had the RPI exhaust on

anyways GLWS man
RPI scoop|BMC drop in filter|EAS V1 aluminum mount|ZHP shiftknob|RHO plate holder|matte black grill|LED interior & license plate light|RE SSK|RE tranny mount|UUC engine mount|Bavarian CDV|clutch stop|18" Forgestar CF5 GOLD|RPI exhaust|H&R coilovers| RE RSM|
coming soon: aFe intake|tune|secondary cat delete|
Appreciate 0