ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-20-2011, 05:29 PM   #45
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Wow he didn't part it out? What a shame
That S/C could've been put to good use
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 11:35 PM   #46
farzad97m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 325t

Back from death, just noticed this car is back in state and for sale at a dealer in Seattle:

https://www.seattlefinestmotors.com/details/used-2007-bmw-z4-m/57443783
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 09:23 AM   #47
ThipNg
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E34 540i M-Sport, M235

This car was sold on BaT in December 2019 and back up for sale in Seattle again now.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 04:13 PM   #48
rueyme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: red z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThipNg View Post
This car was sold on BaT in December 2019 and back up for sale in Seattle again now.
the problem with these highly tuned cars is as it passes through owners it just gets more abused and becomes a ticking time bomb until the next person who has it has to deal with drivetrain work from the wear and tear.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #49
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by rueyme View Post
the problem with these highly tuned cars is as it passes through owners it just gets more abused and becomes a ticking time bomb until the next person who has it has to deal with drivetrain work from the wear and tear.
Finally found my answer to my post here.
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736072
Curious what the OP wound up with.

Since it's now listed 10k less than the original post here I'd think there'd be someone who'd be willing to take the extra expenses for any work of any abuse. If I had the money for sure I would. Let alone it's at going market value for a stock MC now. From the OP post mods were done at 52k and as it sits now at 67k 10 years later there's 15k miles from other owners since. I'm sure if I had it for 10 years I'd have more miles and harder put miles than it's had to this point so something like this you accept the maintenance for what it is getting into it. Regardless a stunning car.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #50
proboner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
Finally found my answer to my post here.
https://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736072
Curious what the OP wound up with.

Since it's now listed 10k less than the original post here I'd think there'd be someone who'd be willing to take the extra expenses for any work of any abuse. If I had the money for sure I would. Let alone it's at going market value for a stock MC now. From the OP post mods were done at 52k and as it sits now at 67k 10 years later there's 15k miles from other owners since. I'm sure if I had it for 10 years I'd have more miles and harder put miles than it's had to this point so something like this you accept the maintenance for what it is getting into it. Regardless a stunning car.
Just can't help but be freaked out that the last owner bought it on BaT less than a year ago for less than it's currently listed ($27k vs $31k) and didn't even put a thousand miles on it. I can't help but think they bought it sight unseen and when it arrived realized it wasn't as advertised and just turned around and traded it in. Who buys a niche car and sells it for a loss 6 months later putting almost no miles on it?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #51
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by proboner View Post
Just can't help but be freaked out that the last owner bought it on BaT less than a year ago for less than it's currently listed ($27k vs $31k) and didn't even put a thousand miles on it. I can't help but think they bought it sight unseen and when it arrived realized it wasn't as advertised and just turned around and traded it in. Who buys a niche car and sells it for a loss 6 months later putting almost no miles on it?
Not saying it's not a valid point, but look what's been going on in the world, I've seen a lot of zs/zeds pending on the forum you're on going up for sale because of job losses. Hell in the past 4 years I've gone through 3 dds. Also there's a decent thread about multiple si owners trading for a M just to not be what they'd hoped (mainly not expecting just how raw it can be) and go back to a si. And those are comparing to stock Ms, so there's that too where the last owner could have had expectations it did or didn't meet or bitten off more than they could chew. Hell even a tragedy. And more people dd non M's than M's when it comes to putting mileage on the car from just the trends I've seen. Too main auto vs. manual threads out there in non M conversations swaying to autos for dd. Saw an episode of a car auction that a guy who owned Steve Jobs personal Z8 that the guy never put miles on had go to the auction, the previous owner could've got it just because not that they were going to rag it hard you just never know unless you talk to them.

So yes could be an issue with the car, or other issues that life throws at you all together. I had a '16 mustang I was leasing and utterly hated it, so much so that I got out of the lease early rolling the left over payments into a leased wrangler with less than a year and a half into the mustang lease and I used to build rear end components for it. I really wanted to like the car but in the end utterly hated it. And once my lease was up on the wrangler just before this epidemic happened picked up my e82 with only the intention of having it for a few years as a dd but am liking it a lot more for a dd than I thought I would, more so than the previous two vehicles.

And there's always the Mrs. factor that could've pulled out the big guns and said it's just gotta go, I've been fortunate that my Mrs. loves the Z, so much so even before our kiddo was born is planning on handing it to him when he's ready. Just don't forget there's this pesky thing called life that tends to throw curve balls every which way even taking a loss is some times better than holding onto it, rather than making the assumption before even seeing something in person.

Someone close by from here could always go check it out and give their impression on it just for sh!ts and giggles so we wouldn't have to assume the worst without any face to face with it. There's been an offer out there on the thread I had posted when I first saw it come on car gurus that someone who's close by and on this board would check it out for anyone, so maybe someone will.....
Appreciate 0