ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

New PB on old tires with my new MCS suspension

So I go to shake down my new suspensions this weekend and it truly is an amazing setup . I was running front tires with 6 days in them so I was understeering pretty bad . Turned down the front rebound and compression 1 click and it was enough to largely correct for it by transferring to the rear faster! Picked up nearly 2 seconds after ! Unfortunately in my last session my steering pump seized and caused my belt to grenade , resulting in loss of power steering and massive overheating ( water pump goes with the belt ..). Combined with my increasing iron levels and 30k track miles on my motor I have decided to get it rebuilt by Lang racing . They have a solution for the bearing problem , not a bandage . He widens the journals and regrinds the crank with custom rods and wider bearings . I'm also getting head work done to improve high rpm flow . Enjoy the vid . I will journal the engine building a separate thread .
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

Andrew is awesome. Fellow e30m3 guy and track guy. And my e30m3 got rebuilt recently on the east coast. Shipping was actually pretty cheap.
Appreciate 0