ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #45
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: WTB: E86 M coupe

In the last 2 months this car has ended up in Chicago and is being sold for $17,500 by a guy who said he was sent to work in the diamond industry in Canada. It sounded too good to be true. Now I see your listing and it looked fishy. This guy had the same pictures that you had. He couldn't provide new pictures, and wanted to do the deal over Google checkout.

What do you guys think? The car is the same car. Five owners now, and 30,200 miles.
      03-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #46
cloud8r
Member BMW CCA Los Angeles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 GC Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
I hope you mean the other listing seemed fishy and not this one - this one's sold. Went to a pretty upstanding guy from the San Diego area just back from Afghanistan. I'd be curious to see the other ad if you have a link.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #47
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep

Yours is not fishy. Sorry for the confusion. Can you email me at e.goodwin@live.com. I have some questions that I would like to ask off the board regarding your sale and the person who bought it. It's not that it is fishy, there are just so many variables to the sale that I have never come in contact with.

The current owner did just got back to me. He said he just got a new job as an engineer in Canada, and is from San Diego. That matches up. He also sent me an inspection report and some more information on purchasing. I'm feeling better about it, but still concerned about buying a car unseen.

Ramyar, how was the car when you owned it?
      03-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #48
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerMCoupe View Post
Yours is not fishy. Sorry for the confusion. Can you email me at e.goodwin@live.com. I have some questions that I would like to ask off the board regarding your sale and the person who bought it. It's not that it is fishy, there are just so many variables to the sale that I have never come in contact with.

The current owner did just got back to me. He said he just got a new job as an engineer in Canada, and is from San Diego. That matches up. He also sent me an inspection report and some more information on purchasing. I'm feeling better about it, but still concerned about buying a car unseen.

Ramyar, how was the car when you owned it?
I think you are the fishy one here. Link the other thread youre talking about.

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #49
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
I think you are the fishy one here. Link the other thread youre talking about.
You can come smell me. I assure you I am not.

It's not another thread. It's an entirely different posting on Yahoo autos. If you will notice the photos are the exact same, and the amount of information is lacking. Many people would question why the same car was posted for sale within a month or two of each other halfway across the country.

<http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/bmw-z4_m-cars387705166?sortcol=price&sortdir=up&listingtype =used&model=z4_m&make=bmw&distance=any>

I am in Houston. The car is in Chicago. That right there makes this difficult. The car is outrageously well priced. However, the owner is in Canada. He had the car for one month. The car is registered to California, and I still don't know the exact location of the vehicle in Chicago. The mileage listed in the ad does not match the Carfax. The car has had 5 owners in 4 years, has mods and not one owner has had the car for more than 18 months. All of these things added together would be fishy to just about anybody buying a car sight unseen.

For you shakib, I guess I could have said this makes me weary, concerned, skeptical, doubtful, disbelieving, suspicious, uncertain, etc. etc. etc. Does this clear it up for you?

I'm sorry for the delay in posting the link. Work got in the way of my forum posting.
      03-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #50
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep

BTW, I love your new car ramyar. That's a perfect baby carrier. Alpine white with Imola seats FTW.
      03-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #51
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
You can come smell me. I assure you I am not.

It's not another thread. It's an entirely different posting on Yahoo autos. If you will notice the photos are the exact same, and the amount of information is lacking. Many people would question why the same car was posted for sale within a month or two of each other halfway across the country.

<http://autos.yahoo.com/used-cars/bmw-z4_m-cars387705166?sortcol=price&sortdir=up&listingtype =used&model=z4_m&make=bmw&distance=any>

I am in Houston. The car is in Chicago. That right there makes this difficult. The car is outrageously well priced. However, the owner is in Canada. He had the car for one month. The car is registered to California, and I still don't know the exact location of the vehicle in Chicago. The mileage listed in the ad does not match the Carfax. The car has had 5 owners in 4 years, has mods and not one owner has had the car for more than 18 months. All of these things added together would be fishy to just about anybody buying a car sight unseen.

For you shakib, I guess I could have said this makes me weary, concerned, skeptical, doubtful, disbelieving, suspicious, uncertain, etc. etc. etc. Does this clear it up for you?

I'm sorry for the delay in posting the link. Work got in the way of my forum posting.
redemption post. No longer smelling like fish. I would say that person that bought it from Ramyar is the fish smuggler here. 17.5 is just too low however you slice it. About 10k too low. I wouldn't be surprised if the car was totaled and now rebuilt with a salvage title on it. Keep us posted on this.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 11:19 AM   #52
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
PS, he listed it as M roadster too. WTF? Did he chop off the roof too?

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #53
cloud8r
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Just emailed you SoonerM. Like I mentioned in the email, he bought my car and paid in full while he was overseas and unseen. So perhaps he's just a trusting guy, with alot of money, who just happened to get a job in a climate that wouldn't be fitting to the car, needs to get out of it quick with a loss, and thinks someone else out there is just as trusting... could happen

Legit or not, he's taking about a 11.5k hit on the car which he picked up only about 7 weeks ago. Kinda feel for the guy if this is indeed his situation.

Much enjoyed:
2018 ///M4 ZCP || 2014 ///M5 ZCP || 2011.5 ///M3 Sedan || 2007 ///M Coupe || 2008 550i Sport || 2006 ///M3 ZCP || 2008 X3 3.0si || 2006 325i || 2003 Z4 3.0 Roadster || 2003 330ci || 2002 325i
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #54
cloud8r
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
BTW, I love your new car ramyar. That's a perfect baby carrier. Alpine white with Imola seats FTW.
Thanks man. So far so great! Believe it or not still haven't broken her in yet. Too much going on to take my traditional break-in roadtrip. Also, for his neck's sake I gotta take it easy on the accelerations while my baby boy's in the back. I'm probably one of the slowest M3 drivers on the road

Much enjoyed:
2018 ///M4 ZCP || 2014 ///M5 ZCP || 2011.5 ///M3 Sedan || 2007 ///M Coupe || 2008 550i Sport || 2006 ///M3 ZCP || 2008 X3 3.0si || 2006 325i || 2003 Z4 3.0 Roadster || 2003 330ci || 2002 325i
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #55
cloud8r
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
BTW, just noticed on that yahoo ad that the owner's name was Stephen Bellrichard. This was NOT the name of the person I sold to. Doesn't mean much, but the phone number doesn't match either.

Much enjoyed:
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #56
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramyar View Post
BTW, just noticed on that yahoo ad that the owner's name was Stephen Bellrichard. This was NOT the name of the person I sold to. Doesn't mean much, but the phone number doesn't match either.
That might explain why it has 5 owners not 4, if you were the third owner.
      03-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #57
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep

Also, thanks for the redemption Shakib.
      03-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #58
cloud8r
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
That might explain why it has 5 owners not 4, if you were the third owner.
Right you are, just noticed that.

Much enjoyed:
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #59
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

The Yahoo! autos ad is a scam. If you want to confirm it, have Ramyar email the car buyer and confirm whether or not he sold the car.

It's a common scam actually. The scammers go out and find "popular" car listings out on the intarweb. Either captures or saves the information on the ad, including the images. Then after the ad has gone inactive, they re-list the ad somewhere else with the same pictures and mostly the same description but at an extremely low and attractive price, hoping to catch an unsuspecting buyer...And the excuses will be that they're going to be working in a mine somewhere or on an offshore rig, and you'll have to deposit the money in an escrow account and they'll pick up the money when they're finally off of their completely impossible to reach job in 6 month. In the mean time, you're out $xx,xxx and you will NEVER see the car again because they'll string you along for the pick-up until the cash is gone from your account and then they'll never be heard again. Mean time, the car is basically sitting in someone's garage, who is completely unaware that his/her car is being "sold."
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #60
SoonerMCoupe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
The Yahoo! autos ad is a scam. If you want to confirm it, have Ramyar email the car buyer and confirm whether or not he sold the car.

It's a common scam actually. The scammers go out and find "popular" car listings out on the intarweb. Either captures or saves the information on the ad, including the images. Then after the ad has gone inactive, they re-list the ad somewhere else with the same pictures and mostly the same description but at an extremely low and attractive price, hoping to catch an unsuspecting buyer...And the excuses will be that they're going to be working in a mine somewhere or on an offshore rig, and you'll have to deposit the money in an escrow account and they'll pick up the money when they're finally off of their completely impossible to reach job in 6 month. In the mean time, you're out $xx,xxx and you will NEVER see the car again because they'll string you along for the pick-up until the cash is gone from your account and then they'll never be heard again. Mean time, the car is basically sitting in someone's garage, who is completely unaware that his/her car is being "sold."
Good to know. I was thinking this was a possibility, but I've just never come across it before. Someone else can go after it. I'm going to step back from this one, and wait for the white one with imola red leather to pop up. I knew that one smelled fishy.