ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

WTB: E85 Windshield Cowl - 51717017022

Hi guys!

Looking to replace my worn out windshield cowl Part 51717017022. If you have one in good condition, please PM me. Must be willing to ship or meet up around the Greater Toronto Area.

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:05 AM   #2
capvent
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

I have one from a car with 55,000 miles on it. Car was always garaged and the cowl is in great shape. Can send pics if interested. What are you willing to pay as I am not sure on going price for used based on mileage. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

You are aware that these are still available new?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Price for new is around $218 I think. Also might consider investing in some of the plier thingies which pop off the windshield wiper arms.

Mine looks TERRIBLE. It's flaking on both sides and is an absolute embarrassment to my otherwise beautiful machine. I'm probably just going to have a shop do mine in the next couple months, I'm scared I'll get frustrated and break/bend one of the wiper arms. ;D
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by capvent View Post
I have one from a car with 55,000 miles on it. Car was always garaged and the cowl is in great shape. Can send pics if interested. What are you willing to pay as I am not sure on going price for used based on mileage. Thanks.
PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
You are aware that these are still available new?
Yes, but unfortunately, I live in Canada. I can only find this part from the stealerships or from the States. Canadian BMW dealerships sell parts for double the US price (including the currency conversion). And, if I were to buy it online from the US, I'm stuck paying ridiculous shipping, taxes, and duties which end up being more than the part itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Price for new is around $218 I think. Also might consider investing in some of the plier thingies which pop off the windshield wiper arms.

Mine looks TERRIBLE. It's flaking on both sides and is an absolute embarrassment to my otherwise beautiful machine. I'm probably just going to have a shop do mine in the next couple months, I'm scared I'll get frustrated and break/bend one of the wiper arms. ;D
Yes. I have the wiper arm removal tool from when I replaced my windshield. Mine looks like crap too. I just want something decent to use. More of a want than a need but just throwing it out there in case I find one on here
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #6
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

I got a spanking new one from my brothers bImmer stealership for 145 euros.. but possibly shipping would kill the deal for you guys.