ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Jacques79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Post Price check on 2006 M Roadster with 5000kms

Looking very hard at a 2006 black on black M Roadster with only 5000 kilometers up here in Canada.

It only has the premium package, no navigation, no extended leather...

What do you think would be a fair price for the Canadian market?

Clean title.

Just checking before

thanks

(MZ4 in Canada are much more expensive than in the USA, as you all know and the exchange rates really sucks these days so it doesn't make sense for me to go through the pain of importing....)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

35k to 40k cad trust me on this dealers are having trouble selling the mz4 up here in canada especially a roadster in montreal no one's gonna buy it. walk in offer them 35k they might just give it to you cause thats around their cost when they got it.
      02-24-2009, 04:49 AM   #3
Jacques79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Yeah the thing is it's the lowest kms M Roadster I've seen for sale here in Canada aside from leftover 2008s which go for around 58K after discounts...

Practically brand new car with 30 000$ off the sticker.

I'm thinking 40K with brand new winter tires included for free would be a good deal no?

If I wait until the spring I'm not sure that the price will go down. There will be more for sale on the market come late March though, that's for sure.

There are a few 2006 with aound 30 000kms for sale around Toronto but I'm not convinced on the Z4M build quality; seems like the Z4Ms I drove that were not brand new had very used suspension-shifter bushings and the cars felt older than they were.

Question is should I pay 35K for a 2006 with 30 000kms or 40K for a 2006 with 5000kms...

The car I am looking at was bought in summer 2007 so I'd get an additional year of warranty-maintenance compared to most 2006 which is nice.

My other choices are 2007 Boxster S or 1997+NSX but the Porsche sells for 20K more than the M Roadster and the NSX is the most overpriced used car in history....

Ahhh if only I lived in the USA I could pick from dozens of mint MZ4s....you guys are lucky!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques79 View Post
Yeah the thing is it's the lowest kms M Roadster I've seen for sale here in Canada aside from leftover 2008s which go for around 58K after discounts...

Practically brand new car with 30 000$ off the sticker.

I'm thinking 40K with brand new winter tires included for free would be a good deal no?

If I wait until the spring I'm not sure that the price will go down. There will be more for sale on the market come late March though, that's for sure.

There are a few 2006 with aound 30 000kms for sale around Toronto but I'm not convinced on the Z4M build quality; seems like the Z4Ms I drove that were not brand new had very used suspension-shifter bushings and the cars felt older than they were.

Question is should I pay 35K for a 2006 with 30 000kms or 40K for a 2006 with 5000kms...

The car I am looking at was bought in summer 2007 so I'd get an additional year of warranty-maintenance compared to most 2006 which is nice.

My other choices are 2007 Boxster S or 1997+NSX but the Porsche sells for 20K more than the M Roadster and the NSX is the most overpriced used car in history....

Ahhh if only I lived in the USA I could pick from dozens of mint MZ4s....you guys are lucky!
If i were you i would try to get the lower kilometer mz4 for little under 40k and i am sure at this kinda of economy you can reach that say 37 or at most 38. On another note though MZ4 with 30k km is nothing really S54 live beyond 200k km and clutch last at least 100k while most other parts will last just as long. Go for the lower km if u are looking for more of a daily summer and get the used if u just want a weekand get away car since you live in montreal anyways so u won't have too much chance to drive it. I would just go for 5k km one so easy resale.
For the other options boxster S is just a big no no. It is slow than a z4m in a straight line and at the track. It is too over priced and in a few years it will worth next to nothing. Plus having a boxster just means you can't afford a 911 why try to be a poser when you cant really pose with the real thing.
Nsx though is a great choice if you really love to drive and want to have a great sports car for the weekend. Another good thing about the nsx is that it will keep its value for the next few years at least so it is probably the best deal. However it does have shit interior and the look is a little bit.... old school ferrari feel. (with a honda badge) Personally i would choose between the nsx and the MZ4.
      02-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
Jacques79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Well I put a deposit on the MZ4 with 5000kms. It's going through inspection right now at a BMW dealership just to make sure everthing is ok but I already checked carfax and everything and it should go smoothly...

I managed to get brand new winter tires too, that's worth a nice 1k!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 03:36 AM   #6
sniry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 3.0si z4 roadster

Quote:

i paid 105,000 USD for a new 3.0sI 6 month ago.. (we got 120% tax on cars here in israel) and thats after selfe import discount ..
so you are still lucky there in canada
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 03:41 AM   #7
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniry View Post
i paid 105,000 USD for a new 3.0sI 6 month ago.. (we got 120% tax on cars here in israel) and thats after selfe import discount ..
thats unfortunate but same case in china. My dad had to pay 200k us for his S class.
      02-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Which dealership are you dealing with in Montréal? I'm just about to hopefully get myself in a M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 01:07 AM   #9
Jacques79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
WTF

I hope your salaries are as high as your cars though!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 01:11 AM   #10
Jacques79
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Which dealership are you dealing with in Montréal? I'm just about to hopefully get myself in a M Coupe.
I bought it from a Mercedes dealership in Quebec city.

There are no more brand new MZ4 for sale in Quebec dealerships EXCEPT for a beautiful red M Coupe.

But unfortunately it's for sale at BMW Canbec. They are arrogant pricks. BMW Laval are so much nicer...

It's got navigation and premium-audio. No extended leather. I can't count how many times I've sat in that car in the showroom and made engine noises with my mouth while playing with the shifter

They offered to lease it to me for 880$ a month on a 39 month lease.

If you want an M Coupe try leasebusters or contact BMW Laval, they have a client that wants to get out of his lease at around 600 a month with 2 years or so remaining.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 06:12 AM   #11
sniry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
WTF

I hope your salaries are as high as your cars though!
no it isnt..
thats why we have only about 50 Z4 in the all country.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
no it isnt..
considering isreal is a tiny little country 50 z4 isn't bad. Plus i do want a roof over my head in case theres suicide bomber.
      02-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
no it isnt..
Man only 50!!!! Thats pretty rare, you should consider yourself a lucky man, what do people say when they see it there?
      02-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #14
sniry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
Man only 50!!!! Thats pretty rare, you should consider yourself a lucky man, what do people say when they see it there?
well, we do have many expancive cars, but not z4s coz pepole wont buy a 2 seater soft top in that price.. we have lots of X5/X6 5 series 7 series and big mercs.

about 2 seaters, we have more slks than z4 coz of practicality.

about the z4, yes its very rare here and i am very lucky.. we only have 3 in my town (300,000 ppl, kind of big for israel).
everybody stare at it like they saw an ufo, and make all kind off comments.. also coz it very unique car..i parked next to a fabulous 335 convertible the other day and no one looked at it when they came to look/take pics..
Appreciate 0