ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-25-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
J-Thurm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw z4 coupe 3.0si

removing front amber reflectors/rear red reflectors on my 07' coupe...

I am removing the front amber reflectors as well as the rear red round reflectors on my 2007 bmw z4 coupe 3.0si. I did a search and could not find anything. I am also removing the two emblems on the side of the car and having the clear part painted. Everything is being paint matched to the car (black sapphire metallic), but I'm not sure what the easiest method of removing these reflectors are. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
I don't know the trick for the front ones (had the body shop do them while re-spraying my front bumper). But for the rears, they are held in my 3 tabs that lock when you rotate the reflector (think of how the top locks on a large stack of blank cds).

I was able to remove mine without removing the bumper, just make sure the car's cold, slide one hand between the exhaust and the rear bumper, and use the other on the face of the reflector to turn it.

FYI - the front are reflectors, but the rear red ones are lights. Not a big deal, just use electrical tape to seal off the unplugged wiring harness and tuck it out of the way.
      02-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
J-Thurm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw z4 coupe 3.0si

Thanks a lot man...I am already removing the front bumper so I guess this will make it easier to get the amber reflectors off?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Topshelf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi/'08 135i

You don't need to take the front bumper off to get to the reflectors. Easy way is to just pop a few of those rivets out in the wheel well, then reach into the access panel. You'll need replacement rivets though as they are one time use.
Appreciate 0