ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #23
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8tdog View Post
I hope it is that quick! but I think it always takes a bit longer X 2 , but worth it
I asked the same thing. A week seems too short but they said since there is little to no fabrication work (non-intercooled kit) it takes 1 day to install the kit and the rest is tuning.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #24
Burn0utsRfun
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z3 M Rdstr

Who do we contact for information about setting this whole thing up? Im completely willing to drive the car down and let them have at it. Price is definately a factor.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #25
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn0utsRfun View Post
Who do we contact for information about setting this whole thing up? Im completely willing to drive the car down and let them have at it. Price is definately a factor.
Call Active. Ask for Jean or Omar.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #26
Burn0utsRfun
Private First Class
Rep

Contacted Jean,

He said he will get back to me with details on when I can bring the car down, price, procedures, time frame, etc. He mentioned that they know how the motor will react to the upgrades, they just need to fine tune the software for the Z4M. This does worry me slightly since I am in NJ. If I have a problem up here, I'll have to pay to ship the car down there to get it worked out. Maybe a quick fix for that is to have them hold on to the car longer for at least a month - month 1/2 for testing to make sure no issues come up... I will post once he gives me a call back.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #27
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Contacted Jean,

He said he will get back to me with details on when I can bring the car down, price, procedures, time frame, etc. He mentioned that they know how the motor will react to the upgrades, they just need to fine tune the software for the Z4M. This does worry me slightly since I am in NJ. If I have a problem up here, I'll have to pay to ship the car down there to get it worked out. Maybe a quick fix for that is to have them hold on to the car longer for at least a month - month 1/2 for testing to make sure no issues come up... I will post once he gives me a call back.
I think this would be a very wise decision
      03-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #28
fr8tdog
International Bar Hopper
Rep
Drives: 2006 Imola Red Z4 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
I asked the same thing. A week seems too short but they said since there is little to no fabrication work (non-intercooled kit) it takes 1 day to install the kit and the rest is tuning.
Yea...the install should be very simple with no intercooler, but the tuning for this car is another story. I would want this kit carefully tuned and then tested for at least a week on and off the dyno . Either case I'm excited about this happening and I'm sure it will be an awesome kit. AA is a great company!
      03-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #29
HOG4DNR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Contacted Jean,

I also talked to Jean and can confirm this, but since I live a few miles down the road from AA I would have no problems with them using my car.
2008 Z4MC #1786/1815 "The Last IB w/ Extended Leather Made" Gone but Not Forgotten

2014 M235i E.Blue Mods in Progress
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #30
Burn0utsRfun
Private First Class
Rep

"I also talked to Jean and can confirm this, but since I live a few miles down the road from AA I would have no problems with them using my car."

Nice! This would be perfect for you then! Have you discussed any details? Did you confirm having the work done yet, or are you still thinking about it?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #31
HOG4DNR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
"I also talked to Jean and can confirm this, but since I live a few miles down the road from AA I would have no problems with them using my car."

Nice! This would be perfect for you then! Have you discussed any details? Did you confirm having the work done yet, or are you still thinking about it?
Jean said he would contact me when AA is actually ready. I would like to know the total price, time, and whats involved before I commit, but in all honesty, I'm ready to go.
2008 Z4MC #1786/1815 "The Last IB w/ Extended Leather Made" Gone but Not Forgotten

2014 M235i E.Blue Mods in Progress
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #32
Burn0utsRfun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG4DNR View Post
Jean said he would contact me when AA is actually ready. I would like to know the total price, time, and whats involved before I commit, but in all honesty, I'm ready to go.
I hope you get it done soon so ESS has some competition! Who knows, maybe prices on these kits may drop a bit.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #33
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

awesome! id love to see someone get in there, even if it isnt me!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #34
chapako
Rep
Drives: '07 BMW M Coupe

I tried talking to Jean four times today, and was told he would call me back on all occasions. If this is a sign on how things are done at AA I will definitely will not be bringing my car there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #35
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

This is starting to sound very cool!

/subscribed

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #36
Burn0utsRfun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapako View Post
I tried talking to Jean four times today, and was told he would call me back on all occasions. If this is a sign on how things are done at AA I will definitely will not be bringing my car there.
I was just about to post the same thing, I have heard mixed reviews about this place and have had my own mixed experiences. I'm all about second chances but sometimes AA just doesn't feel right
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #37
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
I've been more than happy with my AA tune, but the oversight on the small things bothers me.

http://store.activeautowerke.com/act...ware-p139.aspx

SMG lights / sport button modification are still listed as options, even though they've known for months that this isn't possible.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #38
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Are they still looking for testing cars? Mine is just sitting around since I have another car as a daily. Wouldn't mind getting a tune out of it or the new kit.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #39
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat412 View Post
Are they still looking for testing cars? Mine is just sitting around since I have another car as a daily. Wouldn't mind getting a tune out of it or the new kit.
contact them
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #40
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
whats ESS' pricing compared to what AA's would be? Is AA a higher reputable company which is why every is so excited about this? I feel like im missing out on something here as to why people wouldnt just go the ESS route
      03-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #41
Burn0utsRfun
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
whats ESS' pricing compared to what AA's would be? Is AA a higher reputable company which is why every is so excited about this? I feel like im missing out on something here as to why people wouldnt just go the ESS route
I think the excitement has more to do with the fact that they may give this kit away at a greatly reduced price, if not free.

BTW day 3, still no contact from Jean @ AA. Honestly, I rather someone call me and say hey listen we aren't ready or someone else has filled the spot.... Okay you're busy, but you weren't busy enough to take my phone call in the first place right? At work I'd lose a client if I didn't follow up with them. AA = -1pt
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 12:20 AM   #42
habitat412
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

BTW day 3, still no contact from Jean @ AA. Honestly, I rather someone call me and say hey listen we aren't ready or someone else has filled the spot.... Okay you're busy, but you weren't busy enough to take my phone call in the first place right? At work I'd lose a client if I didn't follow up with them. AA = -1pt[/QUOTE]

Yeah, apparently they are not the greatest at customer service. I decided it would be a wise decision to NOT let them do work on my car based on how people are talking about them on this forum for simply trying to get a call back.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #43
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep

it sucks that two big vendors for our cars, ess and aa, seem to be lacking in customer service
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #44
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
it sucks that two big vendors for our cars, ess and aa, seem to be lacking in customer service
it does seem that way, but Z4Ms are a niche market compared to all the new N54 equipped cars out there begging for tuning...they have to prioritize their efforts based on likely return. I believe AA will eventually come through as the additional investment is small and the return is another 100-300(approx) kits sold.

A group buy might motivate them more?? Maybe $6000 installed, out the door?
Appreciate 0