ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-17-2015, 09:34 PM   #1
xkegto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: z4

few issues all plastic related

1) why do the the reddish orange seat belt release buttons fade at one shade per minute? anybody ever take them apart and attempt to refinish?

2) anyone else's low mileage garaged drivers door panel falling off of its newly replaced clips at an astonishing rate and whats the cure

3) wheel center caps: anyone devise a way to put a round wire clip or other method to get wheel center caps to fit tight?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

I have none of the problems you speak of on my 12 year old roadster. You must live in a hot and humid area.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkegto View Post
1) why do the the reddish orange seat belt release buttons fade at one shade per minute? anybody ever take them apart and attempt to refinish?

2) anyone else's low mileage garaged drivers door panel falling off of its newly replaced clips at an astonishing rate and whats the cure

Did you replace with the correct clips?
I bought the wrong ones first time I replaced mine.
The correct ones have worked fine for me for 3 years

3) wheel center caps: anyone devise a way to put a round wire clip or other method to get wheel center caps to fit tight?

I actually remove the wire bails on the center caps and put a thin bead of silicone around the center hole of the wheel and push the cap in. Never falls out. If you need to replace you would need to take the wheel off anyway so a sharp shot with the handle of a screwdriver and they will break loose from the wheel center.

W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0