ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #23
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderskog View Post
Great work with the graph. Would love to see an overlay of the Roadster as well.
It's the same curve, you just have to...

...drop the top.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 09:13 AM   #24
spockcat
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet

So if your chart is correct, my 13,000 mile 2007 Z4MC is worth over $45k? Can you please send me the names and email addresses of the buyers. I am interested in selling as I don't really use it.

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 01:58 PM   #25
Tlarkk
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 and e368 M Coupe

OP just posted a chart of Z4MCs currently for sale at that price, which does NOT mean the cars will sell at those prices nor are they "worth" that much. Its more of an informative chart.

However, if you slap a few EAG graphics on good looking photos maybe someone will pay that much But hey, if you aren't using your coupe, I'd swap coupes with you
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #26
Semajuw
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC

You know what I really'd like to see? And this goes for all cars.
A graph with the fluctuation of the market value of cars over a period of time.
That'd be neat.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 04:16 PM   #27
zimmer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4 M  [2.00]
I just dont understand why some members have a problem with recognizing that this car is desirable and collectable with appreciating values. Regardless of all the bashing members give EAG they are selling BMW's for alot of money if they can so can we...

Spockat how much do you want for your car?
      05-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #28
spockcat
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
Honestly, I don't know what would be a fair price. I see a couple of other Z4M Coupes for sale on eBay and Autotrader for around $32k-$35k. But both have much higher miles 40k and 58k. What do you think a fair value for a Z4M Coupe with 13k miles and the options as listed below would be? I purchased this car new from BMW of Greenwich. Drove the car from CT to FL in 2010 when we moved here. The car was never driven in the snow and only a few times in rain. No modifications other than adding a Blitzsafe adapter so I could play an iPod through the radio.

Anyone truly interested should probably send me a PM as I don't come here that often.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 08:36 AM   #29
zimmer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4 M  [2.00]
It's a $42,000.00 if EAG can get it so can you!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #30
mdashi
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

For frame of reference, I can add two real world transaction prices in the last week. I sold my '06 MZ4R with 59k miles for $22k and bought a '07 MZ4C with 53k miles for $26k. Both cars were in very good shape. I feel like I got a very good deal in the coupe. Bought it from a local BMW club guy who also has an original M1 and an i8.

Matt
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #31
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdashi View Post
For frame of reference, I can add two real world transaction prices in the last week. I sold my '06 MZ4R with 59k miles for $22k and bought a '07 MZ4C with 53k miles for $26k. Both cars were in very good shape. I feel like I got a very good deal in the coupe. Bought it from a local BMW club guy who also has an original M1 and an i8.

Matt
Your actual purchase price is evidence that the graph of asking prices isn't close to what we should expect for sales prices.'

From the graph of asking prices it looks like 59k miles has the line at almost exactly $30k.
      06-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #32
an3ony
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
I just dont understand why some members have a problem with recognizing that this car is desirable and collectable with appreciating values. Regardless of all the bashing members give EAG they are selling BMW's for alot of money if they can so can we...

THANK YOU!!! I completely agree.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #33
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

I don't think anyone is refusing to recognize that our cars are desirable and collectable with appreciating values. Some of us just realize that exorbitant asking prices from private parties are different from similar asks from reputable dealers who recondition all of their cars and also different from what any of these cars are actually selling for. Of course we'd all love for our cars to be worth $50k tomorrow but right now that's just not realistic.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #34
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdashi View Post

Matt
You bought your car from Mike Ura?

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #35
doozyj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdnwiwbp View Post
I don't think anyone is refusing to recognize that our cars are desirable and collectable with appreciating values. Some of us just realize that exorbitant asking prices from private parties are different from similar asks from reputable dealers who recondition all of their cars and also different from what any of these cars are actually selling for. Of course we'd all love for our cars to be worth $50k tomorrow but right now that's just not realistic.
A lot of these low mileage Z4MC don't need "reconditioning".
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 05:34 PM   #36
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozyj View Post
A lot of these low mileage Z4MC don't need "reconditioning".
Perhaps reconditioning was a poor choice of words. Completely serviced (which many of these low mileage cars DO need) as well as taking care of a lot of potential problem areas preventatively.

I'm not necessarily saying that the premium price is worth it but EAG is a whole different ballgame from buying from a private seller.
      06-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #37
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Of course we'd all love for our cars to be worth $5M tomorrow but right now that's just not realistic.
FIFY
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 09:29 AM   #38
jdmoore1618
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC Interlagos Blue

Quote:
Perhaps reconditioning was a poor choice of words. Completely serviced (which many of these low mileage cars DO need) as well as taking care of a lot of potential problem areas preventatively.

I'm not necessarily saying that the premium price is worth it but EAG is a whole different ballgame from buying from a private seller.
EAG has their cars sit in the elements and some of their cars sit there for MONTHS on end. They had a red z4mc with ~50k miles sitting there for around a year. The car was sitting on their lot in the salt belt but they assure you it was "like new."

Sure they flush the fluids and put a new battery in there but the cars definitely aren't "like new." They don't haggle on their prices either which makes it moronic.

This is going to sound absurd but dealerships (BMW of X for example) are going to give you the best deal. I got mine from a place referencing EAG and another over the top seller. I told them what EAG does when it comes to their pricing and they came down, A TON, from the 39.5k price they had my 17.4k mileage Z4MC.

Don't get me wrong, now that I have one, I don't mind EAG's over the top pricing structure. But if you guys are budgeting for one don't go through the scum that is EAG.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #39
fdagen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

I have a friend that has purchased several cars from EAG and been very happy. He is a discriminating buyer that wants a near perfect car with no surprises. They also have excellent customer service. He thinks it's worth the price. If you don't, don't buy from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #40
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmoore1618 View Post
EAG has their cars sit in the elements and some of their cars sit there for MONTHS on end. They had a red z4mc with ~50k miles sitting there for around a year. The car was sitting on their lot in the salt belt but they assure you it was "like new."

Sure they flush the fluids and put a new battery in there but the cars definitely aren't "like new." They don't haggle on their prices either which makes it moronic.

This is going to sound absurd but dealerships (BMW of X for example) are going to give you the best deal. I got mine from a place referencing EAG and another over the top seller. I told them what EAG does when it comes to their pricing and they came down, A TON, from the 39.5k price they had my 17.4k mileage Z4MC.

Don't get me wrong, now that I have one, I don't mind EAG's over the top pricing structure. But if you guys are budgeting for one don't go through the scum that is EAG.
You mean sitting outside like every dealership in America? Where are these indoor used car dealerships? If you go there it is obvious the cars sit outside, they don't try to hide it, Cincinnati gets averages 22 inches of snow a year and if you don't want to buy a car from them you shouldn't.

I don't see the issue with their business. If I was to open a used car lot I would do exactly the same, focus on one brand, buy some of the best examples as low as I could, buy them quickly, do small fixes to make them look as good as possible and then sell them for as much as I could get for them.

Which part do you have a problem with? Them saying a Z4M (now probably 9 years old) is like new when it isn't?
      06-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #41
mpathic
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 MCoupe,3.0Si R,E61 535xiT

Add this data point. My insurance, Mercury Insurance, settled up with me for $24 k net on my old 2006 MZ4R, that had 99k and was mechanically outstanding with Vanos and all bushings, shocks, struts, etc replaced, and even had as close to unscuffed fangs as there might be on a car that was actually used.
The successful argument with the insurance was that condition matters at least as much as miles, and I gave them all documentation and numerous other cars for sale as reference to establish the base price.
But... R vs C? I bought a sweet condition interlagos/extended sepang Coupe though it does have some fang scuff, and feel that the Coupe is the real keeper for both its structural rigidity and raw stability under hard cornering stress, coupled with better steering and firmer springs and larger rear bar, while the M Roadsters will not age gracefully, the chassis and body fittings getting looser and squeekier over time similar to how the Z3 age.
I think its correct that Coupes are worth more, and over time the rarity plus performance edge with increase their desirability. While R owners need be be OCD about never being out in the rain or going to a car wash in order to prevent the expensive and aggravating repair when the convertible top motor rusts into something seriously ugly and the top not working.
      06-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #42
jdmoore1618
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC Interlagos Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You mean sitting outside like every dealership in America? Where are these indoor used car dealerships? If you go there it is obvious the cars sit outside, they don't try to hide it, Cincinnati gets averages 22 inches of snow a year and if you don't want to buy a car from them you shouldn't.

I don't see the issue with their business. If I was to open a used car lot I would do exactly the same, focus on one brand, buy some of the best examples as low as I could, buy them quickly, do small fixes to make them look as good as possible and then sell them for as much as I could get for them.

Which part do you have a problem with? Them saying a Z4M (now probably 9 years old) is like new when it isn't?
The fact that they buy cars at KBB value and jack up the prices double what a normal dealership would. Also, they don't haggle on their like "new cars" and they have these ultra low mileage low production cars sitting in the elements. If you have more money than sense and don't mind waiting for a more sensible route then by all means blow the extra money on the car.

Much rather buy from an actual dealership that is less scummy or a private party that has babied the car and not sat on a lot for an extended period of time.

EDIT: The BMW dealership I got mine from had it sitting inside because, "Who in their right mind would put something so rare outside." Maybe the lied but I was still on the EAG train.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 08:57 AM   #43
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmoore1618 View Post
The fact that they buy cars at KBB value and jack up the prices double what a normal dealership would. Also, they don't haggle on their like "new cars" and they have these ultra low mileage low production cars sitting in the elements. If you have more money than sense and don't mind waiting for a more sensible route then by all means blow the extra money on the car.

Much rather buy from an actual dealership that is less scummy or a private party that has babied the car and not sat on a lot for an extended period of time.

EDIT: The BMW dealership I got mine from had it sitting inside because, "Who in their right mind would put something so rare outside." Maybe the lied but I was still on the EAG train.
Of course you're entitled to your opinion but their pricing and cars being kept outside seem to be your main issues with EAG. I'm no EAG cheerleader by any means but those two issues are exactly how pretty much every used car dealership handles their inventory. Drive through Calabasas, CA past all the "used" exotic dealerships. Your jaw will drop at all of the ultra low mileage low production cars sitting in the elements. Also, I'm pretty sure the BMW dealer I bought my car from had it sitting outside...because it's a car and they had too many of 'em to keep them all inside.
      06-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #44
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Regardless if the actual quality is better or not, the perception of quality is higher from EAG as opposed to a private sale, for most people anyways. Just like private sale e39 owners shouldn't expect to haul in $50-60k, Z owners shouldn't either (unless you have something incredibly special of course). Supply isn't nearly low enough IMO, classifieds board is living proof of that
Appreciate 1