ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
gferil
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC

UUC DSSR for Z4M and UUC Transmission Mount Enforcer Cups

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
So I have two UUC products available:

UUC DSSR. Used for about 6 weeks, about 1K miles. There's some grease at the attachment points but I'll do my best to clean it off, and the metal has a scuff at one part from install and removal, but it doesn't affect the part at all.

http://www.nexternal.com/shared/Stor...t=products.asp

The product itself is great, but for whatever reason, in my car, supposedly due to BMW using a slightly different OEM DSSR for early builds of the Z4MC, that caused my shift pattern to shift one gate to the right (first gear sat where third was with the UUC DSSR installed). When I spoke to UUC they said they never had that much of a shift to the right on Z4M's they've encountered (they noted that it does shift slightly to the right, but not so much that it's over one complete gate), so I can't guarantee that this will work perfectly on your car, but I'm assuming "newer" production dates (mine is #14, so it's early on) won't have this problem. Again, I can't guarantee it will work perfectly on your car, I'm selling as is, the product isn't defective, and if yours ends up shifting one gate to the right I can't offer a refund.

I really liked the feel of the DSSR installed, it gave shifting a more solid feel and I like how it felt like the gears clicked into place and how you had to put just a bit more effort into shifting (due to the weight) made it all feel like you were really connected to the car. The whole shift to the right thing was just too annoying for me though so in the end I decided to put the OEM back in. Honestly now that it's out, I do find myself conflicted cause I like the stock positioning of the shift gates, but miss the solid feel the DSSR added.

It goes for $149 new on the site, I'm willing to go $110 shipped to the lower 48 states.

I also have the UUC transmission mount enforcers, brand new in the box, never used, only opened to see what they look like.

http://www.nexternal.com/shared/Stor...t=products.asp

I bought them with the Option 1 mounts, and was very satisfied with the feel and sound of the Option 1's without the cups, so I have no need for these. My loss is your gain, they usually go for $35 brand new so I'll let these go for $25 shipped to the lower 48.

PM me for any questions.

Thanks,
Gernard

Attached Images

Appreciate 0