ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Eibach Sport Suspension drop/level

I have a 2004 with the sport package, so my suspension (at least parts of it) is the M suspension.

I see the Eibach do not lower the M's much, which is fine as mine is already pretty low and the taller wheels give it that lowered look anyway. What I do think I would like about them is that they drop the front more than the back - if what I have read is right??? I know it is meant to be higher in the front, but I don't track and I think I would like the look of it if I could get a shade of "rake" to it.

I have searched and see pics, but it is hard to tell from pictures. Anyone with a sport suspension or an M with the Eibach's that would care to share their thoughts?

I have the Eibach's on my 300ZX and always like the ride and performance of them along with the dropped look they provided. Hoping I will like them the same on the Z4. I think the car rides great now, so I do not want to change that a lot. It sets up great in corners, but still cruises very nice on the highway - they nailed the combo to me. I would take a shade harsher ride for the look I want though.

I do not want to go ground control.
      08-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
v3.2mc
Not a New Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: with both hands and both feet

Garage List
2007 ///M Coupé  [10.00]
here is my 3.0si that was done a few years back. keep in mind that i also went to taller tires at the same time that the drop was done.
#1498E86 | Sepang Bronze | Dark Sepang Leather | Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
Very nice ride - Still hard to tell from pics - do you feel it got the nose down a bit compared to stock? Ride comparable to OEM?
      08-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

When I went to Eibachs on my sport suspension the front drop was about 5/8" and the rear was 3/8" IIRC. Ride quality improved slightly along with handling. Of course you will need to have the alignment reset and this is where you have room, if you choose, to set the specs to your driving style/preference. As a reminder, whoever does your alignment also needs to reset the steering angle sensor or you may have some problems with your DTC activating at unusual times.

The drop is subtle but visible if you look for it. I've had no rub issues with wider wheels front and rear with oe size tires. The Eibachs work well with the factory sport dampeners, no bottoming, and 10K miles later are still great.
Attached Images

09-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #5
unluky
Major
Rep

Garage List
That is a good angle. Looks like I can see what I want mine to do in that shot. Coupes are harder to judge as they are taller in the back and seem to hide the "squat" better than roadster.

I think I will give them a shot - thanks for the input guys!