ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-03-2022, 02:49 PM   #1
creativeliberty1776
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 bmw z4 3.0 6 speed

Garage List
2003 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Question Best, cheapest place, to buy passenger headlight.

As the title says, I have condensation in my front Passenger head light, I don't really want used and am ok with aftermarket stuff, what is the consensus on the forum as to where the best place to get head lights are?
Thank you in Advance.
Liberty,

2003 BMW Z4 3.0 I inline 6 manual rag top
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 05:21 PM   #2
JAS1169
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2003 Z4

Hey

Before rushing off & getting a new headlight, why don't you try either of these cheaper repairs.

Purchase part #7 from this: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_0758

Part #7 is basically the back cover for the headlight. It also has a gasket which over time will harden. Replacing this part will generally fix headlight condensation problems.
It worked on my car.

2nd, remove part #7 and apply NON-Harding Silicone grease on the gasket on this part and reinstall. I did not use this method but, it is understanding that it will also stop condensation in the headlight.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2022, 10:25 AM   #3
MinneapolisJeff
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS1169 View Post
Hey

Before rushing off & getting a new headlight, why don't you try either of these cheaper repairs.

Purchase part #7 from this: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_0758

Part #7 is basically the back cover for the headlight. It also has a gasket which over time will harden. Replacing this part will generally fix headlight condensation problems.
It worked on my car.

2nd, remove part #7 and apply NON-Harding Silicone grease on the gasket on this part and reinstall. I did not use this method but, it is understanding that it will also stop condensation in the headlight.
+1

I also performed this fix with a new back cover, no issues since. Prior to installation, use a hair dryer to evaporate the condensation inside the housing.
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Appreciate 0