ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #23
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

They can be seen from very far away, just like the newer-style bimmer LED angel eyes, if not better. They're extremely bright.

I would recommend purchasing the halo rings for cheap, including any wiring needed, and then either DIY it or have a reputable shop install for you. The retail pricing for this work done through XtremeHID is too high IMHO, so I wouldn't spend that kind of money. I only did this because it was going to be covered by my insurance after the run-in with bambi up on the mountain roads
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #24
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
It's hard to tell by the picture, but do you know if the LED is is in front or behind the original angle eye defuser (clear plastic ring with ridges around the face of the perimeter)? Does it look like they added a new defuser in front of the LED ring?

BTW, you're really lucky bambi didn't cause damage to the sheet metal. I ran into a deer with my wife's 525i and it only broke the headlight alignment adjusters, which are brittle plastic, but replaceable, no other damage. My neighbor was not so lucky and had bumper, fender and hood damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #25
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungo View Post
It's hard to tell by the picture, but do you know if the LED is is in front or behind the original angle eye defuser (clear plastic ring with ridges around the face of the perimeter)? Does it look like they added a new defuser in front of the LED ring?

BTW, you're really lucky bambi didn't cause damage to the sheet metal. I ran into a deer with my wife's 525i and it only broke the headlight alignment adjusters, which are brittle plastic, but replaceable, no other damage. My neighbor was not so lucky and had bumper, fender and hood damage.
They put the angel eyes on the outermost edge, in front of the factory halo rings.

If it weren't for track experience and quick reflexes, and the fact that bambi didn't have antlers, bambi, my car and I would probably not have made it out alive
Overall, just front bumper, driver side headlight, and driver side fender were bruised up. Bambi pretty much slid off the body panels, since I had just washed the car and it was silky smooth
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #26
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redacre View Post
Looks great! Really tempting... can't wait to see them in the car
Thanks! I will update with some pix in the original post once I get my car back. I should have it back by the end of the week. They're finishing up with clear-bra and stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Those look very nice, well done. Updated lightning is down on the list for me unfortunately.
The work is pricey, and I most likely wouldn't pay out of pocket to have this done. Merely posting so that people know it IS still an option for our cars, despite the fact that Tekarbon doesn't seem to do this kind of service anymore
In comparison, Tekarbon was charging only $400 for similar work. Quite a few years has passed, but inflation can only account for so much
After looking at your pictures again, I really really, really want these!

[IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 11:33 AM   #27
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

haha, too bad you're all the way in Orlando. Definitely not worth all the hassle of shipping headlights, etc.
The cost is quite high IMHO
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #28
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
How do these look compared to the TEK's? Tap on wood, but my TEK"s have been awesome. Hope they last another four years like the first four.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #29
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
How do these look compared to the TEK's? Tap on wood, but my TEK"s have been awesome. Hope they last another four years like the first four.
100% like these way better than the Tekarbons
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 08:44 PM   #30
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
100% like these way better than the Tekarbons
Did they have any problem installing since Tek had already cut these open once? Are they green when off like Teks?
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #31
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitch View Post
Did they have any problem installing since Tek had already cut these open once? Are they green when off like Teks?
Not that I know of. They're very experienced since they do ALL sorts of car lighting; including a lot of custom stuff.

And, no, these look clean and uniform white when off. They do have a blueish hue when on however. I personally love it. It's just like HIDs or even LED headlights with the blueish tint.
Appreciate 0