ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
jewagr007
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0I

04 Z4 Sport 3.0i ESP Issue

All,

I am fairly new to the forums as I just entered into the BMW owernership club. Love the Z4 so far but I am feeling some "inconsistancies" in my steering and I was hoping to get some opinions / information.

I will do my best to describe what is going on...

My steering, at times, feels as though it is getting "stuck" in certain positions and I have to force it to move (feels a lot like a power steering unit would with a hydraulic leak...). Almost feels like it gets stuck.
This behavior has no pattern and has happen cold, hot and everything in between.
When it is not there, the steering feels a little sloppy imo, but since this is my first BMW, or car with ESP for that matter, I really do not have anything t compare it too.

Hope someone can assist.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 05:28 PM   #2
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewagr007 View Post
All,

I am fairly new to the forums as I just entered into the BMW owernership club. Love the Z4 so far but I am feeling some "inconsistancies" in my steering and I was hoping to get some opinions / information.

I will do my best to describe what is going on...

My steering, at times, feels as though it is getting "stuck" in certain positions and I have to force it to move (feels a lot like a power steering unit would with a hydraulic leak...). Almost feels like it gets stuck.
This behavior has no pattern and has happen cold, hot and everything in between.
When it is not there, the steering feels a little sloppy imo, but since this is my first BMW, or car with ESP for that matter, I really do not have anything t compare it too.

Hope someone can assist.

Cheers,
Google BMW Z4 sticky steering .......many many threads detailing the fixes
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
jewagr007
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0I

Thanks man
Appreciate 0