ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-24-2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Santa Fe Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5 Sport

Garage List
Do all accessory fuses turn off w/car?

Just like the title says, do all the accessory fuses in the fuse box under the dash turn off w/the car's ignition ? The dealership mentioned that some of the car's accessories (i.e. radio, windows, etc) remain hot for 20 minutes after turning the car off.

I've installed a few after market accessories (Passport radar detector, Parrot Bluetooth and heated seats). All the accessories turn hot & cold w/the ignition except for the heated seats, which remain constantly hot (in an electrical sense), even after the 20 minuted window the the car is supposed to shut down.

I want the seat heaters to function like the other accessories, on/off with the ignition. Any and all ideas are appreciated.

BMW rear spoiler - de-badged - MTEC HIDs (DEFECTIVE) - XENESIS high beams & fogs - shadowline front grill - 20% tint - keyhole plugs - Roadster Solutions acrylic wind deflector - LeatherZ center console & door arm rests - Parrot 3100 bluetooth - USA SPEC IPod integration - Xenon interior lighting
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

As your dealer explained, some stay active for 20 minutes after shutdown while the rest turn off. If you've got aftermarket seat warmers, odds are they are powered via the power seat wiring loom, which is always hot so you can adjust the seats before getting in and starting the car. The OEM heated seats are powered via the switchbox above the ashtray (DSC, roof, TPMS, etc), which does shut off when the car is off.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Reach
gone baby gone
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

I agree, run another line from the glovebox area fuse block. Its a good and easy source of switched, fused power in the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Santa Fe Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 2.5 Sport

Garage List
Next time I get time in a heated garage I'll rewire the to the seat heaters power from the switchbox above the ashtray. Thanks!

BMW rear spoiler - de-badged - MTEC HIDs (DEFECTIVE) - XENESIS high beams & fogs - shadowline front grill - 20% tint - keyhole plugs - Roadster Solutions acrylic wind deflector - LeatherZ center console & door arm rests - Parrot 3100 bluetooth - USA SPEC IPod integration - Xenon interior lighting
Appreciate 0