ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-22-2024, 07:30 AM   #1
spielnicht
Petrolhead
Rep
Drives: 24 X3 M40i/14 550i/08 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
Eibach Springs

Are Eibach springs no longer available for our cars? I checked their site. Nothing. I googled. Again nothing. Seems like the only way to get them is by getting the Bilstein B12 kit, which I'm not too excited about an even stiffer ride, nor the cost.

Anyone can confirm if they are indeed no longer sold separately? Also, how much of a difference is there really drop wise between the Eibach and H&R springs? Looking for just a mild drop to help slightly fill in the wheel gap. I'd want to pair them with a set of new B4s.
2008 Z4 3.0si 6MT
2011 Z4 35si (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 07:54 AM   #2
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielnicht View Post
Are Eibach springs no longer available for our cars? I checked their site. Nothing. I googled. Again nothing. Seems like the only way to get them is by getting the Bilstein B12 kit, which I'm not too excited about an even stiffer ride, nor the cost.

Anyone can confirm if they are indeed no longer sold separately? Also, how much of a difference is there really drop wise between the Eibach and H&R springs? Looking for just a mild drop to help slightly fill in the wheel gap. I'd want to pair them with a set of new B4s.
I wouldn’t say eibachs are a mild drop. There’s almost an inch difference in clearance measuring from the bottom corner of the side skirt at wheel arch to the ground on my roadster in eibach/koni yellow combo vs my coupe on stock sport suspension, that’s comparing Non Ms of course. But in answering your first question I picked them up from tire rack years ago and no longer listed.

Last edited by Piper1; 03-22-2024 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 08:03 AM   #3
spielnicht
Petrolhead
Rep

Garage List
Oh that's interesting. My readings of older threads is that Eibach/H&R springs would only lower the car by an additional ~15mm from the factory sport suspension (which is what I also have). 1 whole inch is a lot. It wouldn't even clear speed bumps.

Are you also noticing uneven tire wear because of the drop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper1 View Post
I wouldn’t say eibachs are a mild drop. There’s almost an inch difference in clearance measuring from the bottom corner of the side skirt at wheel arch to the ground on my roadster in eibach/koni yellow combo vs my coupe on stock sport suspension, that’s comparing Non Ms of course.
2008 Z4 3.0si 6MT
2011 Z4 35si (sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 08:17 AM   #4
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh that's interesting. My readings of older threads is that Eibach/H&R springs would only lower the car by an additional ~15mm from the factory sport suspension (which is what I also have). 1 whole inch is a lot. It wouldn't even clear speed bumps.

Are you also noticing uneven tire wear because of the drop?

There is extra wear on the inside due to the more aggressive neg camber but that’s purely intentional both front and back. Fronts weren’t as bad prior to adding camber plates. For reference wheels are apex ec7 18x9 et31 with Toyo r1r 255/35/18 square with slight rub on front liner at the outside corner near full lock. If I remember right fronts are -3.5ish degrees rears -3ish camber.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 10:36 AM   #5
spielnicht
Petrolhead
Rep

Garage List
Oh that looks perfect for what I'm after...just enough of a drop to fill the unsightly wheel gap. I'd be running my 108 wheels, so rubbing shouldn't be an issue. The inner tire wear is what has me hesitating - I already deal with that on my F10 and I'm actually looking to raise it back up slightly.
2008 Z4 3.0si 6MT
2011 Z4 35si (sold)
Appreciate 1
Piper1569.50
      03-22-2024, 02:50 PM   #6
cbpip
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4C 3.0si 3 pedal

Garage List
2007 BMW E86C  [0.00]
You can order them from the UK as a set. Make sure the set ordered is for non M version as the front springs are different on the M.

You would be better off ordering the B12 ( B12 is the Eibach Pro springs w/ Bilstien B8 shock) set which is cheaper than ordering springs and shocks separately.

I have this set up on an 3.0si and it lowered the car about a 1/2" to 3/4". Had to add a BMW 15mm rear rubber spring pad to level the car in the rear once the new springs were installed. The cars rides far better on this set up than factory. Very comfortable on highway and compliant in the mountains.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 11:32 AM   #7
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh that looks perfect for what I'm after...just enough of a drop to fill the unsightly wheel gap. I'd be running my 108 wheels, so rubbing shouldn't be an issue. The inner tire wear is what has me hesitating - I already deal with that on my F10 and I'm actually looking to raise it back up slightly.
Just in going over my receipts and notes, I don’t have a base alignment prior to koni/eibach since mine suffered from the prefacelift rear spring breakage issue and at the time had no intention of modding the car. This is what started me down the rabbit hole. Since bmw pretty much tunes some negative camber from factory in the rear with the eibachs negative camber is -3.16. Fronts went to -1.2. With max on the camber plates that took me on fronts to -3.5.

I'm not sure since I really didn’t need adjustable rears if you can gain some positive back on the rears with adjustable rear camber/control arms but that’d be something to look into if you can reduce how much negative the drop creates. It’s the trade off with the added negative camber aiding in performance during cornering you sacrifice tread wear. So it’s all smiles in corners and wincing at the tire shop.

For the wheel/tire combo you’d be running you really shouldn’t rub the fender liners from just the drop. I ran 235/40/17 azenis 615 k on turbines with a 15mm spacer on the front prior to running the apex I am now with no issues on the turbines.

Last edited by Piper1; 03-23-2024 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 1