ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
kmrbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M coupe

Exhaust Installer recommendations, 4 my Z4 M. in the NYC / Westchester area.

Exhaust Installer recommendations, 4 my Z4 M. in the NYC / Westchester area.

I would really appreciate any advice you can give regarding getting my new RPI exhaust that I need installed on my 2007 BMW Z4 M coupe. I live in Westchester, (Tarrytown) 10706 Zip. Any recommendations through experience
- Can I just take it to a mavis / mineke and get installed.
- How much should this cost ?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Denverbrit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe - Interlagos Blue

I had my RPI exhaust installed by a local shop (actually a ferrari dealership) because I too was worried about my own mechanical skills and the car being looked after properly. However having seen how easy an install it is, I would now do it myself without a second thought. There are just 4 bolts to tighten when installing each side.

The shop had not actually aligned the height of the exhaust tip on the drivers side quite right (was ~5 mm too low) and told me that it was a problem with the exhaust hangars. So I sent an email to Eloy at RPI about what I thought was a problem with how the drivers side ehaust had been made. Turns out that the flange on the front end of the exhaust (where it connects to the stock mid section) has a domed shape that allows adjustment of the exhaust tip height. So I put the car up on a couple of ramps last night and sure enough it was easy to loosen the two connecting bolts and get the exhaust tips heights just right. Excellent design and great technical support from RPI. I can tell you you're going to really like your new exhaust.
'06 Z4MC, Interlagos Blue, Premium pkg / extended light sepang leather, wood dash, BMW stb, Volk RE30 Formula Silver Limiteds 19 x 9 F et38 / 19 x 10 R et25, Nitto NT05s 245/35 F / 275/30 R, RPI GT exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
kmrbmw
United_States
Rep

Really great Info

I love that a ferrari shop cant even do it right, sometimes you just have to do urself.

Thank you very much and have a great weekend.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
if u dont mind making a trip out to northern nj (10 mins from GWB), check out bergen imports in cliffside park. ask for harry, and say daniel with the silver z4 sent ya. he'll take good care of u and their shop does really good work.
      09-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
kmrbmw
United_States
Rep

thats perfect , i live right next the GWB

thanks
Appreciate 0