ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #45
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Ti Silver Z4 M Coupe

As far as I know V32 is still the latest version. It should be newer than what you already have, but let's check your current version so that we know where we stand. Go to your "SETUP" menu and in the upper right corner is the version you are running. It's probably something like SW 4-1/80 or SW 4-1/91 which corresponds to V28 or V29.1 No feature enhancements between then and now, but some updates to help with reading dual layer DVDs and such. If everything goes right, you shouldn't lose anything, but you'll have a splash screen of your choosing.

Here's a link to the SIB for V32 which includes the change history and instructions for installation. http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B652102g.htm
      03-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #46
Z4Kevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Got your PM, awesome!
I'll try and get it over to you soon.

As an early '07 production, will I have to downgrade then upgrade the software; or will V32 be a step up from where I'm at now? Any other things I'll gain besides the splash screen?

Or more importantly, is there anything I'll lose? Will I lose the split screen?
I have multiple discs with different splash screens for my changes of mood...i burned + and - versions of each to make sure that I always finish the flash at the current official version and not the inflated + version. I would hate to go to the dealer and have unrecogniable version issues.

Just something to think about.

2007 BMW Z4M Coupe | Sapphire Black | 19" ZCP Wheels | Michelin PSS - 245/285 | Carbon Leather
Black Corners | UUC Short Shifter | ///M Racing Pedals | OE Strut Brace | LED Accents | PEMP Android
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #47
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNet View Post
As far as I know V32 is still the latest version. It should be newer than what you already have, but let's check your current version so that we know where we stand. Go to your "SETUP" menu and in the upper right corner is the version you are running. It's probably something like SW 4-1/80 or SW 4-1/91 which corresponds to V28 or V29.1 No feature enhancements between then and now, but some updates to help with reading dual layer DVDs and such. If everything goes right, you shouldn't lose anything, but you'll have a splash screen of your choosing.

Here's a link to the SIB for V32 which includes the change history and instructions for installation. http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B652102g.htm
Looks like I have V28 – my screen says 4-1/80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Kevo View Post
I have multiple discs with different splash screens for my changes of mood...i burned + and - versions of each to make sure that I always finish the flash at the current official version and not the inflated + version. I would hate to go to the dealer and have unrecogniable version issues.

Just something to think about.
I'm not exactly following what you're saying?
      03-24-2009, 12:28 AM   #48
wasupdu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0, CLS63 AMG

Garage List
It's a piece of cake to upgrade....I've done it and I have basically ZERO technical knowledge...I just followed the thread.
      04-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #49
alishahna
Registered
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

V.32 update

First off thanks for the step by step intructions on updating my navi on my 2001 M5 loved the new splash screen. I do have a question the software priore to updating was SW4-1/71 after update it is showing SW4-1/00 is this the V.32 software?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 02:27 AM   #50
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep

The short answer is yes.

SW4-1/00 is the latest release of the software for the MK IV navigation system. Since the distribution disks cover multiple navigation systems, not all distribution disks include a new update for the MK IV. SW4-1/00 was released in March 2008 and hasn't changed since then so it was included on both the V31 and V32 distribution disks.

Your original SW4-1/71 is from June 2006 and was included only on the V27.1 distribution disk.
      05-15-2009, 07:38 AM   #51
polaxgr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: with a highly modded iphone

got any ideas where to get that ? any links please
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #52
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

The link is on page 1, post 1, step 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #53
toplad
Rep
Drives: Z4 M coupe

Has anyone got any links to show how I can edit my Nav so I can use a 7 letter UK post code?
      10-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #54
Nedns
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 320d 2004

Hi,i have recently both E46 320d 2004 with MKIV comp. but the languages are only Italian,French and German and i don't know how to add more or change it.I installed the v32 firmware but still nothing...
Does any one know how i can add languages or change then,please tell me
Thank you.

Last edited by Nedns; 10-05-2009 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #55
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
I don't know for sure; but don't think there's any way to add languages to the system.
      11-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #56
MGRMLN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GT-R Black Edition

Hi guys,

Any chance I can slide some a few bucks for postage and a disc to just make me a disc?
I love the ///M startup splash screen but want to keep the American Nav voice.
PM please.

Thank you,

Min
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 02:14 AM   #57
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep

Bored....

So I began playing with the next piece of the customization of my Nav. I already have the splash screen I want, and now I'm toying with the icons.

The first swipe is just replacing the blue arrow with something a little more topical such as a silver coupe and maintain the circle. I'm not sure I like it yet and need to drive around with it a few days. My next thought is to remove the circle all together and just have a car. Leave it the same size for the overhead view, but make it bigger for the perspective view. Hmmmm.......
Attached Images

12-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #58
BMW750
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750

just wanted to say thanks for the guide because I benefited from reading this thread when changing my new splash screen on my bmw.
      12-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #59
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep

TiAg Z4M Coupe NAV Icons

So I finished playing with the NAV icons and decided to share the fruits of my labor with anyone who's interested. I've attached two sets of icons, they are limited to the TiAg Z4M Coupe, but with a little photoshopping, you should be able to colorize them to whatever you wish. One set is just the car itself for both overhead and perspective modes, and the other set keeps the circle around the car as is done with the OEM arrow (shown in previous post).

Replacing the icons is similar to replacing the splash screen, you just need to use Navtweak to replace the appropriate romicons with the new ones.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TiAg_Z4MC.zip (74.0 KB, 794 views)
File Type: zip TiAg_Z4MC_circle.zip (171.1 KB, 702 views)
      01-13-2010, 04:41 AM   #60
scif
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Doubts on Step 5

Hi, I see in step 5 a few things that doesn't match with the ISO image. I suppose they are not important, but why not confirming them:

- It says about navigating to folder "V_2/Voices/0502", but the only folder over there is "0506". I guess it must be ok, it makes sense that the new ISO has also upgraded folder names as versions grow up.

- It tells you to exchange file "usa_f.csf" with the one matching your language. Piece of cake. But, just besides all this "*_F.csf" language files there are their corresponding "*_M.csf" files, also one for each language... Do "_f" and "_m" stand for male and female?

- Last one, and the more important... what about if something goes wrong? Is there a way to rollback to the previous version?

Thanks for this great DIY!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #61
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

I,ve been trying like crazy to do the update but I havent been able to, how do I extract the file using iso??? also i have a 2007 m coupe and it doesnt have split screen. can someone help by posting simple instructions please.... thanks
      02-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #62
dyerkes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i/SMG

Garage List
2005 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
RCNet,

I'm not sure if anybody else is experiencing issues opening the zip files you posted, but I get an error message indicating that they are invalid or corrupt ZIP files.

Thanks,
David
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 10:45 AM   #63
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
I,ve been trying like crazy to do the update but I havent been able to, how do I extract the file using iso??? also i have a 2007 m coupe and it doesnt have split screen. can someone help by posting simple instructions please.... thanks
You can extract an iso with winRAR or mount it with Deamon-tools. You can burn an iso with almost every cd burning software like Nero.

Your nav has split screen, it's in the options.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #64
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyerkes View Post
RCNet,

I'm not sure if anybody else is experiencing issues opening the zip files you posted, but I get an error message indicating that they are invalid or corrupt ZIP files.

Thanks,
David
I'm not sure what's up with that. I can download them fine with Firefox or Safari, but when I use Internet Explorer I get the corrupt ZIP file error as well. I'm guessing IE interprets them as ASCII files and that corrupts them on the way down where the other browsers treat them as binary files. I'm not sure where you would change that behavior. Try an alternate browser and if you still don't have any luck, PM me and we'll figure out another way of getting them to you.
      02-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #65
dyerkes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i/SMG

Garage List
2005 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Thanks RCNet! I'll try that.

David
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #66
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
Mounting/opening the ISO is relatively easy, it's making changes to it that gets a little trickier.....

If you just want to make a copy of the update ISO without any changes you can simply burn an image onto a CD. On the mac you can do this with Disk Utility. Just open Disk Utility, click on the "Burn" icon, select the ISO image when it asks, and finally put a blank CD in the drive. For windows you might need another tool such as ultraISO (or Nero as also suggested).

If you are wanting to make changes to the navboot file before you make the CD, then your options are a little more limited and is a windows only task. I use ultraISO to mount and extract the navboot file. You can also mount the image and extract the file on a mac, but the next steps are definitely windows only. You use the navtweak program to delve into the navboot file and customize it for your needs (new splash screen, different icons, etc) and then write the updated navboot back to the image via ultraISO, save it and burn as described above.

The details on what and where to edit are listed throughout this thread, but the first post covers most of it. There isn't much documentation on what's going on inside the navboot file, so it takes a strong nerve and a little experimentation to make changes and apply them to your car to see what happens. One hint is to make sure you burn the CD at the slowest speed your drive allows to make it "easier" for your car to read it.

The standard disclaimer applies that you do this at your own risk and it is possible to screw up your NAV which will require a trip to the dealer to fix. $$$

As mentioned previously, the split screen should be a standard option you can find under settings on the main menu of your display.