ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4mc

SA Valve Adjustment

As a service it would be $120 per person + $63 Gasket kit + $16 vanos filter for a total of $200~ (+ replace the shims you use), if you want to DIY at the Family shop in New Braunfels with access to a lift and full shop tools. It would be $350~ to have the shop do it for you including labor (+ replace the shims you use). This would be a maxspec adjustment without the dealers lax tolerances. Sound to good to be true? I figure if we can get a few people to Sign up for this with a down payment we can do the first adjustment in 1 weeks time. If we can get 4 people together we can do a meet/greet/BBQ and tune while we work and get the first adjustment done for $150~ DIY. We will order all the parts and have them waiting for you so you can just bring your car =-).

Sounds like an email scam asking for a down payment but that orders the shim kit and tools and that is taken out of the Shop profit for the labor of the first 4 customers. $20hr DIY, $45hr Shop rate.

Daves Rods and Restorations - located in New Braunfels Texas.

PM for more info. All work can be done here if your close by at the rates listed above.

Last edited by davesz4mc; 02-06-2012 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So anyways there is a shop in San Antonio where you can diy with full shop tools, to include a plasma cutter and welder the be all end all. Base is listed and adjusted with repeat appearances.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
ruscoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
Don't know if you've already thought/done this, but you might also shoot something to the Tejas Chapter of the CCA. And there's a lot of Austin/San Antonio Z3 and Z4 guys with the S54 that I've never seen on this board that I think have a group on FB. Not sure what it's called as I don't do FB. Called something like Texas Bimmer Roadsters or somesuch. Then of course there's all the locals that frequent other boards (bimmerfest, roadfly, etc).
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
DanFromTucson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I just saw this, but I am in, in, in! I will be out of town for the next 2 weekends, but by that time I will be due for my inspection I.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

The kit is on its way I am doing my car first! Let me know when you want to schedule to have it done and which option you want!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Loof for my post in the engine... thread section to see my update on how this went. Super easy and can do anytime now if someone else needs it.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesz4mc View Post
Loof for my post in the engine... thread section to see my update on how this went. Super easy and can do anytime now if someone else needs it.
When the time comes i know who to call!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
davesz4mc
Second Lieutenant
Rep

No doubt!

My car had no valve train noise and I stepped 6 shims up to the next size cause they were beyond max spec! Thats crazy, how bad does it have to be if you are getting valve noise I wonder. That makes me think they put in the smallest shim possible to get within spec, so within 1k miles you could already be out of spec. Hints service 1 check, I bet they do not fix the issue though and they just replace with the same shim.

The car sounds and drives amazingly diffrent and I would not want to just flat out say it added 15hp but the butt says diffrently lol. It revs soo much smoother and faster, sounds crazy but if you see my posts about half step shims that could be another 10hp out of easy reach =-(

I would half step about 10 shims if that is any indication...!

I replaced them all reguardless to eliminate all wear from the valvetrain call me anal I guess...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #9
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesz4mc View Post
No doubt!

My car had no valve train noise and I stepped 6 shims up to the next size cause they were beyond max spec! Thats crazy, how bad does it have to be if you are getting valve noise I wonder. That makes me think they put in the smallest shim possible to get within spec, so within 1k miles you could already be out of spec. Hints service 1 check, I bet they do not fix the issue though and they just replace with the same shim.

The car sounds and drives amazingly diffrent and I would not want to just flat out say it added 15hp but the butt says diffrently lol. It revs soo much smoother and faster, sounds crazy but if you see my posts about half step shims that could be another 10hp out of easy reach =-(

I would half step about 10 shims if that is any indication...!

I replaced them all reguardless to eliminate all wear from the valvetrain call me anal I guess...
Not anal at all! We love these cars and treat them accordingly.
Appreciate 0