ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
krusty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 coupé

So I have been playing CSR Racing ...

Been playing CSR Racing on my new iPad ... quite fun ... and addictive. Currently driving a 1M (in the game), though they have an E89 Z4 to play with too.

The game runs on upgrading and modding your car .... which has rather inspired me ....

What are the cool mods to make to a stock real-life E86 auto to get some better performance out of it ... short of adding a bottle of nitro?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

The usual bolt-ons such as intake + filter, headers, exhaust, ECU tune. Then if you want, you could also go for a gearing/differential upgrade. Common gearing for the Z4Ms are 3.91 and 4.10 final drives. You'll essentially be at higher RPMs earlier in each gear. This means that you'll have better acceleration at the cost of top speed.

Then if that's still not enough and if you can swing it, you could consider a supercharger or turbocharger kit for your specific engine. Expect $5k+ for a decent kit.

I played CSR on my iPhone for a short while. Beat the game pretty easily between classes
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
pal
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

That game is somewhat addictive

A set of headers is a nice power and torque improvement that you can feel and a set of mufflers to get some more sound.

Other than that, power adders via NA power is hard on this S54. A blower is on my mind ... ESS, G-Power and VF are the three options out there.
Appreciate 0