ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-23-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
Racing
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M

BMW S54 Manifolds from Europe (without Catalyzer!)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
2 Manifolds from S54 Engine

European car => manifold without catalyzer (more power!)

Price (fixed): 700 Euro + shipping

Last edited by Racing; 02-23-2016 at 11:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 01:04 PM   #2
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Awesome deal! NickyC

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 01:28 PM   #3
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
Awesome deal! NickyC
Hah thanks, won't using these trip the CEL though? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to headers etc.

If anybody could let me know what I need to make these work please, you might have a buyer.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #4
Racing
Enlisted Member
Rep

I would try to help you, but my english is so bad. Please try to wright in simple english.

I can not understand this:
Hah thanks, won't using these trip the CEL though? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to headers etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 01:40 PM   #5
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing View Post
I would try to help you, but my english is so bad. Please try to wright in simple english.

I can not understand this:
That's American English slang. Translation: "Will these headers turn on the check engine light (sometimes abbreviated MIL)? I don't know anything about headers."
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #6
Racing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ah, ok. Thanks

There will be no light from the engine menagement. The first Catalyzer is not a controlled Catalyzer.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 03:49 PM   #7
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
You need to relocate your O2 sensors and EGT onto the midpipe you just got. There are countless threads on the topic. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331906

If you follow everything correctly, you wont have CEL.

EDIT: Here is another source with all the parts you need. + the bungs I already sent you the link for earlier
http://www.billswebspace.com/BMWZ4MS...stallation.htm

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust

Last edited by SCHMOUPE; 02-23-2016 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #8
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHMOUPE View Post
You need to relocate your O2 sensors and EGT onto the midpipe you just got. There are countless threads on the topic. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331906

If you follow everything correctly, you wont have CEL.

EDIT: Here is another source with all the parts you need. + the bungs I already sent you the link for earlier
http://www.billswebspace.com/BMWZ4MS...stallation.htm
Ahh I see, thanks a lot. I don't know, this is all still chunking into a possible supercharger install I'd like to do. I'll think about it, thanks for the help everyone and best of luck to the seller of course.

I just thought of something else though. With the midpipe you just sent me Schmoupe, would I even have any cats by buying these headers? Does the Z4M have THREE cat sections on it?

Speaking of that seller, please don't apologize for your English. I wish I wrote/spoke German as well as you apparently do English!

Last edited by NickyC; 02-23-2016 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #9
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing View Post
Ah, ok. Thanks

There will be no light from the engine menagement. The first Catalyzer is not a controlled Catalyzer.
The above statement is not correct. In North America the first set of cats in the exhaust manifold (header) are the monitored cats.

There are a total of 4 cats in the North American setup. The ideal setup (in my opinion) is eliminating the cats in the exhaust manifold (header), while keeping the cats in the section 1 pipe. To not get a CEL you would need to route your wiring to the section 1 cats. The North American section 1 cats are shorties so they may not be good enough to avoid a CEL. Getting a pair of euro cats would be ideal.

See my vids:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ight=euro+cats

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights

Last edited by Jumbosock; 02-23-2016 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #10
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbosock View Post
The above statement is not correct. In North America the first set of cats in the exhaust manifold (header) are the monitored cats.

There are a total of 4 cats in the North American setup. The ideal setup (in my opinion) is eliminating the cats in the exhaust manifold (header), while keeping the cats in the section 1 pipe. To not get a CEL you would need to route your wiring to the section 1 cats. The North American section 1 cats are shorties so they may not be good enough to avoid a CEL. Getting a pair of euro cats would be ideal.

See my vids:
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthre...ight=euro+cats
Ok thanks. So let me ask you, I purchased a rogue S-Pipe from Schmoupe which gets rid of the unmonitored cats. If I were to get these headers PLUS the installed S-pipe on my car, I'd have NO cats at that point correct?

Honestly, I'd be happier with just the stock headers and the S-pipe and call it a day if that's the case. Thanks for your help everyone, and I'm sorry to threadjack like this.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #11
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Ok thanks. So let me ask you, I purchased a rogue S-Pipe from Schmoupe which gets rid of the unmonitored cats. If I were to get these headers PLUS the installed S-pipe on my car, I'd have NO cats at that point correct?

Honestly, I'd be happier with just the stock headers and the S-pipe and call it a day if that's the case. Thanks for your help everyone, and I'm sorry to threadjack like this.
You would have no cats if you used these headers.

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #12
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbosock View Post
You would have no cats if you used these headers.
Ok thanks, so it's not doable without CELs all over the place and rotten egg smells while sitting at the stoplight. No good for a vert! Thanks for the help everybody, and best of luck to the seller!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #13
Racing
Enlisted Member
Rep

Price Update: 600 Euro + Shipping
Appreciate 0