ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #23
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Although I am not a grease monkey, I am considering DIY headers...I figure I can take as long as I want since the Z4M Coupe is not my daily driver.

I replaced my springs so I should be good, right?

So how hard would it be for a noob to install headers?? I can afford to have a shop do the work...but I want to learn my car. I'll prolly just dismantle it and then need the local Independent BMW shop to put it back together....

What say you?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #24
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MCJJ View Post
Although I am not a grease monkey, I am considering DIY headers...I figure I can take as long as I want since the Z4M Coupe is not my daily driver.

I replaced my springs so I should be good, right?

So how hard would it be for a noob to install headers?? I can afford to have a shop do the work...but I want to learn my car. I'll prolly just dismantle it and then need the local Independent BMW shop to put it back together....

What say you?
Give me one week and I will have a full DIY posted. I took pictures when I was doing my install but when I went to write the DIY I didn't like how alot of the pics turned out. I will take new pictures when I install my brothers headers next week.... I am just waiting for the new lift to get installed so I can take much better pictures from the bottom of the car. The install is not that hard at all just time consuming especially if you have the ebay headers like my self.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

F360,

Thanks. I'll check back. Did you go with Supersprint headers?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 02:55 PM   #26
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
resurecting old thread with info

Agency Power will NOT fit a Z4M. Fabspeed will NOT fit a Z4M. (in both instances talked to the company's themselves). Far as I know the AA and the SS will fit. Evosport has some that they say will fit but they as the AP's are just overpriced Ebay headers. So really for fit, finish quality there are two choices. Active Autowerke's and Supersprints. Both high dollar. Trust me I've checked it all out. Waiting to get a refund from Agency than I'm picking up a set of AA's. I guess if your gonna do it , do it right the first time.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2010, 11:37 PM   #27
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

What about euro headers? What is the comparison between AA/SS and Euro Headers, performance wise? Is the only difference that the euro headers don't have the bung for EGT & secondary O2 sensors?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #28
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Euro headers fit too. I believe you have to weld in an EGT. I think the numbers for the three (AA,SS and euro) are pretty close.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #29
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Cool sounds good. Figured I ask ya since I'm sure you've read every header thread ever posted in teh past few days and now you got me thinking headers. Let us know how the AAs turn out. Are you installing them? can ya snap some pictures?
Appreciate 0