ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-20-2009, 04:39 AM   #23
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris@kks-performance.com View Post
The Full carbon Fiber Airbox is $2269,-

For the exhaust price.

$1500,- must be a joke for handmade quality with elektronic vlave system.

The Eisenmann muffler does cost $2500,- without valves and made of poorer quality.
Any other shots of the CF airbox than whats on the website?

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #24
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

your not going to have hardly anybody buy a muffler for 3700. most people don't go any higher that 1500 which is supersprint race. the powerloop is less than that and only 2 ppl have it that i know of. as for the comment about 1500 being a joke, 3700 must be a joke. now your going to say it is handmade and has electronic valve system but 3700?
      02-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #25
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

You really have to price it near the 2k mark for anyone even to consider it as an option. The fact that members on the forum are complaining about the price shows how little market you will have with this exhaust priced at 3.7k usd.
I am not bashing the exhaust as i truly believe these exhaust are probably awesome and amazing technology and build quality but its too expensive to have a market practically anywhere. I mean most of Z4m are sold in us and if Zpost doesn't seem to take in the pricing.... good luck trying to make some bussiness...
      02-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #26
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
You really have to price it near the 2k mark for anyone even to consider it as an option. The fact that members on the forum are complaining about the price shows how little market you will have with this exhaust priced at 3.7k usd.
I am not bashing the exhaust as i truly believe these exhaust are probably awesome and amazing technology and build quality but its too expensive to have a market practically anywhere. I mean most of Z4m are sold in us and if Zpost doesn't seem to take in the pricing.... good luck trying to make some bussiness...
Well said. I am sure it is a very nice product but you can get a 4.10/3.91 LSD paid for and installed for the price. You are also nearly 1/2 way to a supercharger too. The people on these boards are the folks willing to buy and I do hope somebody buys it b/c it looks great. Good luck and thanks for making parts for our cars!
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #27
superbow
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: soon to be 440iM Sport Coupe

Boris, PM sent
      02-20-2009, 11:52 AM   #28
Boris@kks-performance.com
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
your not going to have hardly anybody buy a muffler for 3700. most people don't go any higher that 1500 which is supersprint race. the powerloop is less than that and only 2 ppl have it that i know of. as for the comment about 1500 being a joke, 3700 must be a joke. now your going to say it is handmade and has electronic valve system but 3700?

Its $3000 not $3700 Why do you think it is $3700? People outside EU don't have to pay VAT.

A simple Eisenmann muffler does cost about $2500 without valve system. Our system is made of better quality. The valve system alone does cost $1000,-

You can have it without valve system for $2000 and always loud as hell if you want like all those race mufflers on the market. If that is an option for you. But $1500 is not possible. If you compare our muffler to the Supersprint you will see that Supersprint should cost about $500 not $1500 that is the difference in quality.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #29
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris@kks-performance.com View Post
Its $3000 not $3700 Why do you think it is $3700? People outside EU don't have to pay VAT.

A simple Eisenmann muffler does cost about $2500 without valve system. Our system is made of better quality. The valve system alone does cost $1000,-

You can have it without valve system for $2000 and always loud as hell if you want like all those race mufflers on the market. If that is an option for you. But $1500 is not possible. If you compare our muffler to the Supersprint you will see that Supersprint should cost about $500 not $1500 that is the difference in quality.
How loud is this exhaust compared to RE diablo or SS race when opened fully?
      02-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #30
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

i was refering to someones reply on euro to dollar. i didn't know that it was 3000 usd. i just took what that guy said. but still 3000 for mufflers. thats nuts. you not going to get anything out of that 3000 other than sound and looks. no performance gains. and i don't car how good the quality is it isn't worth 3000 imo. do you have any dyno's to show for the gains/loss. what is the weight difference. what are the materials made out of. i agree with mikewarlover, if zpost members are buying it how are you going to sell.
      02-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #31
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
i was refering to someones reply on euro to dollar. i didn't know that it was 3000 usd. i just took what that guy said. but still 3000 for mufflers. thats nuts. you not going to get anything out of that 3000 other than sound and looks. no performance gains. and i don't car how good the quality is it isn't worth 3000 imo. do you have any dyno's to show for the gains/loss. what is the weight difference. what are the materials made out of. i agree with mikewarlover, if zpost members are buying it how are you going to sell.
What performance do you get out of any muffler other then sound and looks.

It might be a bit steep, but it's not like it's more expensive for no reason. It's more complicated more parts, more design. You're paying a little extra for the ability to control when you're loud enough to deafen little children and avoid the PoPo when you need to.

I'll tell you right now it costs a lot more then $500 to put a set of cutouts on an exhaust.
      02-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #32
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
honestly M power dont expect any gain from exhaust i mean really. Even with CSL header and software the gain will be not that noticiable especially compared to the cost of these parts. I was gonna get x pipe to maybe gain a one or two hp but then the guy at the muffler shop told me that cat back ain't gonna do shit on our cars. I have come to a conlusion unless you get every single NA mod (4.1 gear , software, intake (not afe shit gruppe m or csl), header(csl) ) you won't notice a good gain really. Thats why i give up wasting money on these stupid parts and went for a good rim. Just got some neez yesterday!
      02-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #33
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Right now Brian at www.infinit-performance.com is our US distributer.

Our exhausts are made of V2A highest quality stainless steel WIG welded.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #34
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewarlover View Post
honestly M power dont expect any gain from exhaust i mean really. Even with CSL header and software the gain will be not that noticiable especially compared to the cost of these parts. I was gonna get x pipe to maybe gain a one or two hp but then the guy at the muffler shop told me that cat back ain't gonna do shit on our cars. I have come to a conlusion unless you get every single NA mod (4.1 gear , software, intake (not afe shit gruppe m or csl), header(csl) ) you won't notice a good gain really. Thats why i give up wasting money on these stupid parts and went for a good rim. Just got some neez yesterday!
It is allways the same with M Cars. A Catback can't give you more power. Just a few not noticeable horses.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #35
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

i never said i would expect to get any performance gain off mufflers. i was saying for 3000 in general what performance gains are you getting, not the performance gains from the muffler, but rather what could you get for your money. barely anything if any at all from any muffler. maybe a few hp or maybe a loss. all in all you only getting sound and looks out of any muffler. but for 3000 your not getting a lot for your money. i know the system cost a lot of money to make, and i understand the parts cost a lot of money compared to a regular muffler, and i understand that is high quality; i am just saying a point, 3000 is alot for a set of cans that you gain barely anything from imo. so how you got that idea that i expect a performance gain idk.
      02-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #36
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
i never said i would expect to get any performance gain off mufflers. i was saying for 3000 in general what performance gains are you getting, not the performance gains from the muffler, but rather what could you get for your money. barely anything if any at all from any muffler. maybe a few hp or maybe a loss. all in all you only getting sound and looks out of any muffler. but for 3000 your not getting a lot for your money. i know the system cost a lot of money to make, and i understand the parts cost a lot of money compared to a regular muffler, and i understand that is high quality; i am just saying a point, 3000 is alot for a set of cans that you gain barely anything from imo. so how you got that idea that i expect a performance gain idk.
Then they obviously aren't for you, they are for someone who likes the race style very little muffling but that doesn't want to deal with that loudness all the time. Again, to do it with cutouts would cost you a lot more then this muffler system costs over a standard muffler.

I wish I had known they made a muffler before I pursued cutouts.
      02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #37
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Then they obviously aren't for you, they are for someone who likes the race style very little muffling but that doesn't want to deal with that loudness all the time. Again, to do it with cutouts would cost you a lot more then this muffler system costs over a standard muffler.

I wish I had known they made a muffler before I pursued cutouts.
i guess not then...
do i like the idea of it? yes
do i like the product? yes
Do i like the cost? no
with me only having a part time job i am limited on my money, and i want to spend my money by getting the most i can get out of it.
by the way 150 miles on my car with headers and everything is running good. i still think my timing is off, but ill get that fixed. i am going to get a tune when i get enough money for it. probably in 3 weeks. thanks for your help ocha
      02-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #38
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Out of curiosity, have you cleared the CEL you got from the heater circuit and thrown one since? I am curious since what's his name reported he never got a CEL despite having the headers in, did you have the extended bungs like him as well?
      02-20-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
Haretakis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Silver Z4 M Coupe

I did get a CEL. Show me where I said I did not get a CEL...I did say I have no problems (IMO).
      02-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #40
bkz4mc
Mars Bitches... Red Rocks !
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Kiss and make up boys... it's FRIDAY !
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 06:33 PM   #41
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haretakis View Post
I did get a CEL. Show me where I said I did not get a CEL...I did say I have no problems (IMO).
I guess that solves that mystery then.
      02-21-2009, 01:13 AM   #42
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

If i really cared about noise levels i would order 2 Varex mufflers from Xforce.
At $AUD390 they are fully electronic and even have a remote control.

http://xforce.com.au.tmp.anchor.net.au/cars/view_car/29

Has different types of styles available not a model specific version for a Z4 but to have some mufflers + flanges put on would cost like $100 tops hell even changing the tips to what ever you want would still come out at a 3rd of the price of the KKS system.
Especially since the AUD$ is real low these days it would make one of the mufflers about $US200 for you guys and thats just awesome value would be crazy to spend 3gs on the KKS.
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 02:46 AM   #43
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__J__Factor View Post
If i really cared about noise levels i would order 2 Varex mufflers from Xforce.
At $AUD390 they are fully electronic and even have a remote control.

Has different types of styles available not a model specific version for a Z4 but to have some mufflers + flanges put on would cost like $100 tops hell even changing the tips to what ever you want would still come out at a 3rd of the price of the KKS system.
Especially since the AUD$ is real low these days it would make one of the mufflers about $US200 for you guys and thats just awesome value would be crazy to spend 3gs on the KKS.

Please give us more details.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 04:45 AM   #44
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Ummm im just pulling this off the website. Cost is around $AUD390 per muffler.

You have to get pics off their site since they wont let me copy the image locations to post up here. But the muffler comes in different sizes/styles. So it doesnt have to be a canon like in the video they have normal oval and dual out let ect.

Quote:
How does it work?
Varex muffler combines both the design technology of the stock muffler and the performance muffler into one single compact unit. A sophisticated butterfly valve mechanism is implemented to redirect the exhaust gas flow and vary between the two. For higher sound level, the exhaust flows are directed through the opening path and produces maximum power with a robust sound level (or the “sports car note”) and near-zero resistance. Whilst for lower sound level, the exhaust flows are directed through the chambered path (similar design with the stock muffler), and produces minimum sound level that gives you the best in-car comfort. Also, you are able to control the angle of the valve which can be adjusted to stop at any point between the sports mode and the silence mode. This gives you further freedom to set the optimal sound level according to your preference.
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7jGYnhbQQU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7jGYnhbQQU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0