ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-07-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
WAMz4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Roady

"The best Dealership in town" said no one ever.

Knowing my dealership is notoriously slow (I have complained to them before) I started taking my Z to an indy shop. But now my ignition switch needs replacing which could take weeks for them to get, so I decided to give the dealer one more chance since I need a loaner car and other BMW dealerships are too far out of my way.
I decided to just hand it over and not call them like I usually do because they never call me with updates first. So I turned the car in on Monday morning thinking I'll give them till Wednesday. That seems like a ridiculously long time, but that is what I have come to expect from them.
Now for the horror part - Thursday at 8 am, still no contact. I have been extremely patient. So I decide to call and ask for my service rep. And the person that answered says "I'm Sorry sir, Joe no longer works here. Can I get your name and I'll check on your car?"
Guy calls back hours later and says, It looks like the repair will cost about 400 dollars. (I get the feeling my car hasn't been looked at till after I called.)
So I say, that should be covered by my extended warranty. (He puts me on hold for a long time.)
- "I'm sorry sir, do you know who your warranty is with?" I say No, But I gave the info packet to Joe the service rep.
He says
- "it looks like Joe just threw everything from his desk away when he left so we don't have that info on your car anymore."
I say, That was my only copy.
He says,
- "I'm going to check into this sir, Are you OK with the loaner until we get this resolved?"
I don't know what he's checking into, but I'm pretty sure I'm not paying for their incompetence.
So, apparently my little red Z4 was parked in the service area all week and no one knew who's it was or why it was there.
That's what I get for not harping on them like I usually do.
Now it's 9 am Friday, still no word from the dealer, But I have plenty words for the dealership manger when i go to pick up my car and I'll make sure I have all day to say them.
      03-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Which dealership in Denver? If you don't want to name names that's fine.
Also recently had issues getting a call back from the service department at the dealer I just bought the car from.
Dropped the car off to get the tires swapped out and a minor issue with running rough in the cold. Given a loaner and told it would be ready early afternoon.
Late that night (8ish) I get a call from a different service rep that my car would not be ready until Monday likely (it was Friday) as it still needed to be to have painting (!!!) Done and then hung up. Flabbergasted, I called back asking what the hell he was talking about to which he did not have an answer.
Turns out they had the wrong order for my car -no one ever closed the original order at sale.
That in addition to waiting for several weeks for them to getting the damn tires in with no communication as to what was going on. Everyone is pleasant but many are clueless about customer service.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
silverfishZ4M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I like my dealer, I have a good service writer that is very competent. Not so much the other people there though. I just make sure I get that service writer.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

That is just awful. I think you should complain to BMW NA about such callous treatment.

I got my car in 2009 and there was no
Local dealer here until 2011. Prior to that I had to use a local Indy shop that was not very familiar with these cars or truck the car to a dealer a time zone away. However the new local dealer is outstanding in all respects. Whenever I bring in my car that I bought in another country for heavens sake, I get treated like royalty and get second to none service. All BMW dealers should be as good as BMW St. John's. Period!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #5
zgood4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC BSM

Mine's at the local dealer now and I couldn't be happier with their service. The SA is outstanding, always communicates and takes care of little things that could turn into big bucks on top of whatever issue the car is in for. Makes me PO'd to hear about poor customer service regarding these cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

Happy to say a good word about several dealerships. Have moved around over the years, and I guess I have been extremely lucky:

East Bay BMW and MINI (Rick Hendrick) - Pleasanton, CA
McKenna BMW - Norwalk, CA
Sterling BMW - Newport Beach, CA
Wyoming Valley Motors - Kingston, PA
P & W BMW - Pittsburgh, PA

All have provided excellent service. Consider myself very fortunate to have had these experiences along with great cars from each. Hope I never need to give the M Roadster up.
      03-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
WAMz4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I should have named them in OP - Murray BMW of Denver on Colorado blvd. They are centrally located so using them would be so convenient for me.
I suppose its possible that something goes awry with one out of every couple hundred customers, and I suppose its possible that just happens to be me, each of the last six times I've been there.

- UPDATE -
I found a card for my warranty and called the service manager. He called back an hour later to inform me the work is covered under my warranty and they will have it ready for pickup Monday afternoon, but there is a one time $200 deductible for the first time I use my warranty. This is in my warranty contract.
But I plan on going in very disappointed with past emails to show the poor service i have received and demand some sort of explanation and or compensation in the form of the dealership picking up some portion of, if not the full deductible.

Last edited by WAMz4; 03-07-2014 at 05:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Psychodo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMz4 View Post
I should have named them in OP - Murray BMW of Denver on Colorado blvd. They are centrally located so using them would be so convenient for me.
I suppose its possible that something goes awry with one out of every couple hundred customers, and I suppose its possible that just happens to be me, each of the last six times I've been there.

- UPDATE -
I found a card for my warranty and called the service manager. He called back an hour later to inform me the work is covered under my warranty and they will have it ready for pickup Monday afternoon, but there is a one time $200 deductible for the first time I use my warranty. This is in my warranty contract.
But I plan on going in very disappointed with past emails to show the poor service i have received and demand some sort of explanation and or compensation in the form of the dealership picking up some portion of, if not the full deductible.
Ugh. Sorry you had to go through that. Looks like I'll stick with Schomp as its closer and possibly better. I'm willing to give them another chance.

Overall the sales experience was good, though the rep tried to convince me that I could "get through the rest of winter on summer tires". And it was January. In Denver. Putz.

My biggest complaint is with communication from the dealer. It should not be so with with a luxury brand.

Hope it all works out for you.

Last edited by Psychodo; 03-07-2014 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
Gladius
Two Wheels or Four?
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Perf Edition m240i

I've never personally taken any of my cars to Murray but I have heard horror stories from others, particularly if you're not dropping $90k on them every couple years.

I have been going to Gebhardt in Boulder for years. I realize it's out of your way but I highly recommend Bill Cray. He's been a great service advisor.

Current: '18 AW Performance Edition m240i
Gone: '15 Mineral Grey m235i || '07 Silver Grey M Coupe || '11 Space Grey 328i XDrive || '08 SparkG M3 || '01 LSB M3 || '01 TiAg 330ci
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I use to have issues like this with my 335 when I would take it to the dealer. It spent more time there than in my garage I think. Most of it them fixing shit they broke on the previous visit. Oh yeah and they also crashed it on their lot. Personally I think that car had bad juju or something. I must say I was pretty happy when the car was finally totaled.

Since it hasn't had a warranty since I've owned it. I'm happy to say the Z4M has never seen the inside of that damn dealer and never will.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #11
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

You knew that they were incompetent but you took your car there anyways.

What's the definition of insanity?

Albert Einstein knows.

Last edited by seank; 03-08-2014 at 10:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #12
WAMz4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seank View Post
You knew that they were incompetent but you took your car there anyways.

What's the definition of insanity?

Albert Einstein knows.
It had been 2 years. That wont happen again.
      03-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #13
silverfishZ4M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

I live next to the only M-certified dealer in the state. Their website says their techs have had special training on M models.
Appreciate 0