ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-25-2016, 02:17 AM   #1
michaelw66
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

Question I have a problem TRUNK WONT OPEN

I have a 2006 Z4 that I'm trying to repair from a wreck. I bought a used trunk lid that I mounted to the car, but didn't connect the wires to the car. Later I realized it had closed all the way & now it won't open. I have no key to it since it was the new(used) lid. So the button in the car & my key are no good. I was reading some where online, that I could get to the trunk thru the Center Console behind the seats. Does ANYONE know how I get open the lid without tearing it up? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by michaelw66; 12-25-2016 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: it didnt put the smile in the comment
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 04:41 AM   #2
raymond.harper
Registered
Rep
Drives: Z4

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-how-to-get-in
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

You can't get there through the center console, but you can through the rear part of the top storage compartment. The cloth piece that drops down from under the window to the plastic piece that forms the floor of the storage compartment is just held in place by a rubber piece. If you start on the left or right edge and push in toward the trunk area the rubber piece will release as you work your way across. You'll then be able to see into the trunk and be able to see the emergency release lever. You'll need to improvise here, but if you can work out a means to pull the emergency release the trunk latch will release.