ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-18-2007, 11:35 PM   #23
GP20
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M, F80 M3, 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Your hand doesn't have eyes
Exactly. Never really understood why the shift-knob light is such a big deal. I know where the gear-knob is in my car. I don't need to look at it to make sure it's still there every time I change gear.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 05:40 AM   #24
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: cbr600rr

^^ lighted shift knobs add to the coolness factor.. i mean, is there any other production manufacturer that offers lighted shift knobs??

what would be really cool (IMO) would be if the gear you are in would light up.... possibly a single digit on a back lit LCD display on the top. similar to the gear indicators on streetbikes
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #25
155MPH
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 sDrive28i M Performance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP20 View Post
Exactly. Never really understood why the shift-knob light is such a big deal. I know where the gear-knob is in my car. I don't need to look at it to make sure it's still there every time I change gear.
I know it isn't needed, but I have this problem with letting go...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #26
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
^^ lighted shift knobs add to the coolness factor.. i mean, is there any other production manufacturer that offers lighted shift knobs??

what would be really cool (IMO) would be if the gear you are in would light up.... possibly a single digit on a back lit LCD display on the top. similar to the gear indicators on streetbikes
That might be "cool" but I don't think I've ever forgotten what gear I'm in or had to look and make sure.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 03:35 PM   #27
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 3.0l Z4 sports package

I would very much like to say Congrats. Though with a tidbit of sarcasm nonetheless....
Reason being...you see....

I almost bought that same car from Carmax. My reason for not doing it...I didn't have a spare 900 bucks to ship it.
So ah enjoy it and tell me how good it is....kk?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #28
Dallas_Z4
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i

Nice color combination. Congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #29
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebous View Post
I would very much like to say Congrats. Though with a tidbit of sarcasm nonetheless....
Reason being...you see....

I almost bought that same car from Carmax. My reason for not doing it...I didn't have a spare 900 bucks to ship it.
So ah enjoy it and tell me how good it is....kk?
really! wow

thoes guys are funny. they tell me there is no owners manual and id have to order it.. but i found the entire owners manual and pouch underneat the drivers seat..

just today i found a phil collins cd under the passenger seat as well as a Motel room key in the pocket behind the passenger seat

i love finding burried treasure!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 02:17 AM   #30
Aebous
The Rambler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 3.0l Z4 sports package

Quote:
really! wow

thoes guys are funny. they tell me there is no owners manual and id have to order it.. but i found the entire owners manual and pouch underneat the drivers seat..

just today i found a phil collins cd under the passenger seat as well as a Motel room key in the pocket behind the passenger seat

i love finding burried treasure!!
LOL. that's awesome, go to the motel...maybe you'll find a girl waiting...

Yeah I was hesitant with dealing with carmax besides having the money, a guy I work with got a truck with them, seems like they miss minor things. But still you got the ABSOLUTE BEST color combo there is for the z4.

Right now i'm kinda looking at a dealer in california, 2 blue z4's availiable, There are some differences, mainly 04 vs 03. I'll post about that in my other thread though.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 08:30 AM   #31
em2b96p
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebous View Post
LOL. that's awesome, go to the motel...maybe you'll find a girl waiting...

Yeah I was hesitant with dealing with carmax besides having the money, a guy I work with got a truck with them, seems like they miss minor things. But still you got the ABSOLUTE BEST color combo there is for the z4.

Right now i'm kinda looking at a dealer in california, 2 blue z4's availiable, There are some differences, mainly 04 vs 03. I'll post about that in my other thread though.
yes they do miss things... 1) passenger cup holder is broken
2) owners manual was under the seat
3) inside was dirty and sticky. i think the only wash the exterior and vacume the floor mats because if they did clean the inside they would have found the buried treasure. plus they plaster dealership papers all over the inside of the windshield and side windows. took a while to get off the sticky tape residue.

they advertise a "125 point inspection" ontheir website... does the z4 even have 125 points? hard for me to believe the slide out cup holder was overlooked.

the thing that pissed me off was the holes in the front bumper to mount a licenseplate. blessing in disguise because now by default i have on order a german euro plate. i culd have gone with one of thoes bmw roundel chrome vanity plates, but i hate adding more emblems on a car.

but for a price 6k under KBB value i cant complain.and not that this matters but im assuming the previous owner was a female. hint to me is the worn out right side of the shift knob. indicates rings worn on the right hand... either a woman driver, gay guy, or mobster pimp.

i jsut need to take it to the dealer to have programming done. DRL, auto locking when driving away, 3 flash turn signal and auto lock after a certain amount of time.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #32
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
but for a price 6k under KBB value i cant complain.and not that this matters but im assuming the previous owner was a female. hint to me is the worn out right side of the shift knob. indicates rings worn on the right hand... either a woman driver, gay guy, or mobster pimp.
My guess is mobster pimp since the floors are so dirty and sticky.

J/K, sorry to hear about the probs. But a tiny fraction of that $6000 will get your Zed good as new! Just bring it into a good detailer, pay $250 and get it back shiney and clean.
Appreciate 0