ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #89
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Nice! Thanks so much, can't wait to see it in person

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #90
Amylovebus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0 Alpine White

That is great looking!
      04-18-2011, 11:41 PM   #91
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
not true. on my non-m, press once and DTC appears on dash. holding it down is dsc off. jacking this from another thread, but the process is as follows:

- The normal setup (no lights in dash) is DSC on, DTC off
- When you press the DTC button and "DTC" appears in the dash, then DSC is ON and DTC is ON
- Hold down the DTC button and you get DSC off and DTC off
Are you sure about this?

For my 2004 E46 325Ci, one push of the DSC button turns off traction control. Push and hold turns off stability control as well. Otherwise both are on from start of the motor.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #92
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Ok guys and gals I have some updates:

I'm really happy with the quality of the CK shirts and women's jackets. The embroidery is coming out great. I was trying really hard to be under $25 for a polo, but here's how it breaks down:

Polo- 16.99
Tax- 1.61
Thread & Backing ~$3
Shipping ~$5

That puts me at just over $26 just to buy and make the shirt. I think $10 is reasonable for the embroidery labor, so $36 for a embroidered polo.

The women's jackets like the one I made for Nikki is:
Jacket $23.99
Tax $2.27
Thread and backing ~$3
Shipping ~$5
Embroidery $10
Total= $44

It's a little pricey for a BMW accessory, but I do think it's an awesome fit and finish. The jacket has nice details like the headphone grommet and loop, the extra long sleeves with thumb holes and nice material.

I bought 2 medium shirts and 3 large polos, so I have some stock to run if there's solid interest. I can take paypal. Costco has plenty of M, L, XL and XXL in stock now, but Costo rarely has the same thing twice.

I'm going to keep looking for a quality Tshirt source, but they're not going to look nearly as classy as a polo. If price is a deal breaker I'm willing to submit the artwork to get some screen printed Tshirts, but it won't be much cheaper since a screener will charge a design and "setup" fee, plus you'll end up with a tshirt.

Let me know if you want one and I'll get started right away!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #93
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

+1 for DSC off
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #94
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mnyc View Post
+1 for DSC off
^ +1 more.
Since the button is DSC, I really prefer DSC Off
It's also the most commonly recognized term.

Great work on this!!!!
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #95
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Wow, this looks really great!

DCC off is the way to go
      04-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #96
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Could I meet up with you in person and drop off a couple of T-shirts of my own and speak to you about custom design/location of embroideries? I don't mind paying a $15 labor rate per shirt =]
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:38 AM   #97
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

+1 for DSC off

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #98
VinnieAces
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Imola Red Z4MC

Garage List
2006 Z4 M Coupe  [8.00]
DSC offffffffffffffffff
      04-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #99
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieAces View Post
DSC offffffffffffffffff
Vinnie, your f key seems to be jammed
      04-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #100
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

I'm in for DSC Off
      04-19-2011, 11:55 AM   #101
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

I'm in for 1 large embroidered cK polo

+ 7,000 on DSC OFF

what's the paypal address? : )
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #102
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

I'm cool with DSC off. Only reason I went with DTC is that's what's printed on my button and that's what lights up on my dashboard. When I spin the back tires I get the circle arrow and exclamation point temporarily. Must be an //M thang.

How's this?

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #103
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

payment sent for a polo. Thanks santov!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #104
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
I'm cool with DSC off. Only reason I went with DTC is that's what's printed on my button and that's what lights up on my dashboard. When I spin the back tires I get the circle arrow and exclamation point temporarily. Must be an //M thang.

How's this?

Gotta talk to 'Kitty and see which route to go. Looking good--reasonable pricing too.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #105
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakib View Post
Susie Homemaker! So proud of you man.
PS, there is no hating or sarcasm in that statement. Just flat out impressed by your skills

I've had so much fun with this project.

I would jump at the chance to be a stay at home dad, in fact I have a bun in the oven, my wife is due Oct 17th. 6 more weeks and we find out if it's a boy or girl. I'm hoping for a boy, but happy either way. My wife is way smarter than me and has a degree. I wish she made more money. I told her if I get to stay home the kids will be well taken care of, the house spotless, and three hot meals a day. But until then we both have to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
Could I meet up with you in person and drop off a couple of T-shirts of my own and speak to you about custom design/location of embroideries? I don't mind paying a $15 labor rate per shirt =]

Since you're local we can meet up. I'll have you put the shirt on and I'll chalk mark where you want the logos to go. And no crying if my machine decides to break a needle and tear a hole in your shirt. That's the only reason I didn't want to work on other peoples' shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4Murder View Post
I'm in for 1 large embroidered cK polo
+ 7,000 on DSC OFF
what's the paypal address? : )
PM sent. Just make sure the ship to address is correct. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incompatible View Post
I'm in for DSC Off
PM sent. Just make sure the ship to address is correct. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #106
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep

Excellent

I'm in for 2 XL with DSC off
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #107
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Order Update

All orders are shipping tomorrow when my wife goes to the post office on her lunch break. I'll send delivery confirmation numbers when I get home.

Mr. Murphy was effin' with me when my machine had an episode yesterday and broke the lower race, which was unexpected, but thankfully under warranty. I had to drive three hours to the factory repair shop and three hours back today. I commited to shipping yesterday so I was feeling a little frazzled having my machine break when I needed it most. While I was waiting I had a great conversation with the training rep who was blown away with the graphics I converted. The process of converting graphics to stitching instructions is called "Digitizing", and it's an art form unto itself. The rep gave me a few good ideas for doing a larger graphic, but it would look horrible on the chest area. I also asked about doing caps, but the rep suggested stiching something round with a flat hoop will never come out perfect. I really don't want to sell something that isn't 1000%, so caps are out, but beanies are a maybe. After I got home I ran the rest of the shirts without a single hiccup, so I'm back to normal.

While it was a ton of fun doing the design, hearing what people wanted and making all the prototypes this experience ended up being expensive for me. I consider the cost of the machine a gift for my wife, but for the six orders I got I wrecked three shirts when my machine decided to implode. Rather then send out something that had patches and holes in it I bought new shirts so the job was done right. While I'm proud of the work I did, I have to confess doing this for money, even if it was to break even, took the fun out of it.

The machine I work with is an expensive one and to upgrade to the next level would be a couple of grand, which is way more than I have. When I win the lotto I'll go big for the $10k embroidery machine and do free shirt for everybody on the forum, but until then I'll make do with what I have.

I'm looking forward to hearing the [positive] feedback on the shirts. I'm going to go back to the ones that weren't 100% over the next couple of days and see if they're salvageable. Since I don't wear a Large size, I may sell them for a deep discount just so they don't go to waste. If there's enough interest I'll do another batch of shirts, but Costco was running low on the black shirts when I went back tonight.

I'll keep you posted on how things progress. I'm going to investigate looking for a format that gives me more room to play. I carry a fleece blanket in the trunk, for when my wife is cold and the top is down. That big of a canvas would be a pretty fun playground, especially a repeating pattern of Z4s, or zigzags. Also blending colors is something I want to play with. I also wanted to sew my own canvas apron and stitch in a piece of genuine cow hide. It will be a 40% sewing and 60% embroidery project. Embroidery on leather is especially difficult, so I think the payoff would be pretty cool.

I do have my own DTC OFF shirt that is special to me since it's DTC and a little high. I'll wear it with pride.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #108
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep

Good stuff! I haven't had time to grab some T-shirts on my own, since I've been planning and getting ready for a trip to LA this weekend, as well as an overseas internship to China (for two months) starting next Friday. Hopefully you'll still be offering your skills/expertise when I get back !
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #109
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
Mr. Murphy was effin' with me when my machine had an episode yesterday and broke the lower race, .....
Sorry to hear that.
You've put so much time and effort into this, it's a shame that you have incurred extra costs.

You have mail.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #110
SCHMOUPE
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupe  [0.00]
Could we mail you Shirts/Jackets and you do the work. Figure it will be a lot easier on you not having to go to Costco and me not knowing how the sizes run on me

Gruppe M CAI / Euro Headers / Rogue Engineering X-pipe / RE Diablo Exhaust
Appreciate 0