ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #23
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozyj View Post
OP
You do realize Z4M is manual only?
Yup. A none M roadster should be pretty easy to find and cheap.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #24
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i E85 Roadster

Yes, I fully understand that the "M" class is manual. That was in it's self was not part of the question I was asking. Chickdr. I LOVE OLD SCHOOL!!! It's the best way to get true handling of a Sport car. And I agree on the electric steering rack on the 3.0is. What I'll do is drive my Z4 for a couple of years and then move up to the M series. Like I said above, I have had my Z4 for under 30 days. I just wanted all the opinions I could get on the Z4 M. So in conclusion, the Z4 M was made available from 06-08, correct??
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #25
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Vet68 View Post
Yep, I have looked at that as well. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Manual trans, because it gives me much more control on how and where I drive the car. I don't know if you ever been out here to LA or not. But it's the worse traffic in are Nation.
The best part is you can always take the scenic route! I'm in OC and visit LA all the time and I don't have issue with a manual - getting a fun workout without visiting the gym.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #26
doozyj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Yes, I fully understand that the "M" class is manual. That was in it's self was not part of the question I was asking. Chickdr. I LOVE OLD SCHOOL!!! It's the best way to get true handling of a Sport car. And I agree on the electric steering rack on the 3.0is. What I'll do is drive my Z4 for a couple of years and then move up to the M series. Like I said above, I have had my Z4 for under 30 days. I just wanted all the opinions I could get on the Z4 M. So in conclusion, the Z4 M was made available from 06-08, correct??
Yes 06-08, 1815 coupes made it n North Anerica includes Canada.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 09:48 PM   #27
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thank you all very much for the information.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #28
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Quote:
Very Nice car, BJB. But I'm going to be looking for the Convertible. The only issue I have is that it's manual trans. I LOVE Manual trans, but living out here in LA it's always stop and go. Meaning that I would eat up that clutch big time.
I live in Chino Hills and work at JPL in Pasadena, so I drive the length of the 210 for an hour and a half each way.
Clutch is still going strong after 115k miles.

I use the ///M as a DD because if I'm going to drive 3 hours every day, I damn well better love what I drive.
Life's too short to compromise.

And as for comfort, "it's better to look good than to feel good".

Last edited by StickMon; 02-10-2015 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #29
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

But as you have stated, your driving the 210 fwy. Not much shifting done on the fwy. I'm talking about "City" Traffic. You know, Red lights, Yellow lights, Green lights, Stop signs. Your using your clutch WAY too much. I know because when I first got out here to LA I drove two manual trans. I LOVED them both, but I would burn out the clutch as much as changing oil.....
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 08:02 PM   #30
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep

Have you seen the 210 during rush hour?
I was just checking sigalert.com before I leave for home.
20 mph and stop+go all the way from Pasadena to San Dimas.
And I'll consider that one of the better times.
      02-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #31
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

You need to find another route. Check out the maps from your place to your work. Granted, there will always be traffic. But I have found some "Non Traffic" areas that saves my life. It takes research, and finding that "Window". I look at it very much like the "Market". I look at the "Trends" from week to week, month to month, and year to year. Then I know where to invest my money getting at average 8% on some and 12% on others. But it takes research and risk. Just like driving your Z4 M in finding the correct areas to travel. I apologize if the analogy is off a bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #32
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep

I like the analogy. I've tried other routes, but unfortunately haven't found the one that lots of other people haven't already thought of.
I just stay on the freeway and do dollar-cost averaging.
      02-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #33
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Sorry to hear that. That must be a "Grind" every single day. Having or not having a Great car kinda becomes mute. Question though. Since you Work at JPL, have you ever considered moving to Pasadena?? Has to be cooler during the summer times, but a little wetter during the winter. You may not believe this, but I remember when the 210 was empty. Back in the days they made that silly "CHIPS" show. They always used the 210 because it was brand new at the time and no one used it.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #34
Slacking02
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Coupé & X6 50i

Have you tried: www.z4mcoupebuyersguide.com
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #35
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. That must be a "Grind" every single day. Having or not having a Great car kinda becomes mute. Question though. Since you Work at JPL, have you ever considered moving to Pasadena?? Has to be cooler during the summer times, but a little wetter during the winter. You may not believe this, but I remember when the 210 was empty. Back in the days they made that silly "CHIPS" show. They always used the 210 because it was brand new at the time and no one used it.
I really don't mind it. I've got AM/FM/XM, but most of the time I just listen to the stereo sounds of the Vanos up front and the RE exhaust out back.
Had the top down coming in today, will have it down in a few minutes when I start for home.

If only I could afford Pasadena.
When I moved my family here away from all their friends and family and our 4500 ft^2 house and acre lot near Chicago, I promised them at least a nice house with a pool.
There's a big difference in the price of a 5 bedroom house with a pool between the Inland Empire and Pasadena.
We'll move closer some day, when the kids have left the nest.

Apologies to the forum for getting off topic.
Apologies to the East Coast, but it's been high 70's to mid 80's here for weeks, with no sign of letting up.

Last edited by StickMon; 02-11-2015 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 10:07 PM   #36
Ranger_Vet68
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Hey, I love you for giving that promise to your kids, and actually following through on it. I live in in LA and it's suppose to get warmer this week. Question. You work for "JPL". So I'll assume You attended M.I.T. Great East Cost School...(But not as good as mine.. ) Or Cal Tech. Of course this is all an assumption that you work as a Physicists. And WOW, you moved from a PERFECT area in Chicago. (Only been there once Filming a Project) Yea, I get the Price difference. But if you play your cards correct, you can get the same here, and in Pasadena. Although I would NEVER buy ANYTHING in California....Too many taxes upon taxes. Heck I remember boarding that ship and tossing Tea in the Harbor because of the King and his taxes. America has come full circle. But getting back to the market, you'll never find another House that you want if you don't get it NOW. Banks are giving this stuff away to individuals like you that are making a BIG difference in California. But what ever you do, it must be your passion.....
Appreciate 0