ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-10-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
Polarbert
English Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Little Bit Of Help With A Problem.

Recently had new tires fitted (Michelin Pilot Super Sport - yay!) and after having them fitted I noticed these two marks on the back drivers side wheel. Does anyone know what may have caused them? I've been working since getting the tires fitted so haven't had chance to address them with the shop yet but will be going as soon as I can.

It looks like an impact mark from a crowbar for the mark on the spoke, but I'm not sure about the one on the wheel. More of a chip of some type. There are no scuffs of any type which is why I don't think its something that has happened at my hands.

Many thanks,

Bert
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #2
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Several years ago I had a shop damage my brand new wheels and try to deny it on the spot. The damage should be repairable but if you've already taken them back the shop isn't likely to accept responsibility. I always inspect everything thoroughly with an employee when I drop things off and when I retake possession now. Good luck and I hope you're able to get this repaired.
      09-11-2016, 01:17 AM   #3
Polarbert
English Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster

Garage List
I have pictures I was taking while they were doing it. Although they aren't the clearest you would be able to notice any marks and they are not present. I did mention it at the time, but the manager had already left. As soon as I mentioned it one of the fitters said straight away that he noticed it when he was removing the wheel. The rate at which he replied threw me off a bit. I will be calling the manager tomorrow and driving back on Monday morning hoping they will treat me right. When I spent the best part of $1,100 with them I would like to think that they wouldn't quibble about refurbishing a wheel.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 06:35 PM   #4
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

The M wheels are not great quality. When I had my tires replaced one of the wheels started flaking at the edge(a common issue). I asked the shop and they paid for refinishing. You can easily have that wheel repaired. It will likely run you 150-200 bucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #5
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Before taking the wheels in for tires, you should wash them really good so you can inspect them for any damage. Then when you bring them in, you can show them the condition of your nice clean wheels. Before you leave the shop, thoroughly inspect them to very no new damage has occurred. Same goes with the paint, interior and anything else a shop can screw up.

Your wheels are filthy and you may not have noticed damage before you brought the car in for tires. I rock could have been thrown into the wheel while driving, who knows. They may have damaged them, by dropping a heavy tool on them, who knows. Bringing a wheel back to the shop after taking the car home and telling them they damaged your wheel is kinda iffy. Just say'n.
Appreciate 0