ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-30-2014, 12:15 AM   #1
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

CANCELLED - Oct/Nov 2014 Picture of the Month Due Nov 9 6PM PST

It's officially nearing the end of the season, and with US holidays at the end of November, the October and November POTM will be combined. If you have some good seasonal photos get them in! Now is the time and the last chance for the year! POTM will be on hiatus after this until January 2015.

Submissions are due Nov 9 6PM PST.

General reminder: use JPG, not JPEG or other formats, and 1024x768 dimensions. Larger than that, or other formats, the forum software will allow me to post the picture. Yes, it's picky, but I have to work within the forum's software constraints.

You can submit at any time using these instructions and the submission will be entered in the next open POTM.

Photo Submission Requirements
  • Send photos via email to zpostpotm at gmail dot com.
  • Please tell me your user name so I can credit the photo: User name, Year / Engine / and Color
  • Picture dimensions can be max of 1024x768 (filesize of up to 900kb using JPG). Pictures can use smaller edge sizes, this is simply the maximum size.
  • JPG format only (not JPEG) only. The Forum software does not support large filesizes for JPEG, and compresses data, which reduces quality. This means that the file extension should show as .jpg.
  • One picture only
  • Only photos that have not been submitted before (no previously submitted photos).
  • If you won last month you're not eligible to enter this month so others have a chance.

Picture Editing Resources (thanks to SgtGigglebox)

PicMonkey.com
- Free Web-Based Photo editor. Provides access to simple adjustments (crop, exposure, resizing, etc.) as well an array of filters. No accounts necessary, beginner friendly.

Gimp
- Free Program for Windows, Linux & OSX offering a wide variety of capabilities.

Windows Photo Gallery -
- Free photo editing application made by Microsoft, providing editing, organizing and social capabilities.

Picasa
- Free photo editing application made by Google, providing editing, organizing and social capabilities.

As always, follow good practices and make sure you know to confirm that the download is virus and spyware free (run a scan before installing and when downloading).

FAQ

1) Can we photoshop pictures?
Yes but anything so drastic where the photo just looks unrealistic isn't what this thing is about. Either way, the way I see it is that members will vote based on what they think really captures the essence of the car.

2) Can we submit multiple photos per entry?
No, only one picture per month. Participation in multiple months is encouraged!

Last edited by Finnegan; 11-11-2014 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 02:11 AM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Cancelled. Guess there's no interest this time of year or my timing is too far off.

We will try again in early 2015.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
Cancelled. Guess there's no interest this time of year or my timing is too far off.

We will try again in early 2015.
Why not do a quarterly/seasonal picture from now on? Seems like interest has fallen off a bit.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep

Good idea. The independent multi-shot photo shoots seem to be more popular. And the idea/concept may have just run out of steam.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #5
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

I think the problem is likely the coming winter. In fact, I just today stored my car and the weather this fall has been lousy, so I haven't been able to get pics and won't be able to until Spring. Participation is good in the warmer months like June, July and August I think. hopefully we can return to monthly pictures then!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #6
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

our driving weather is just starting only just got my car out of storage a few weeks ago.