ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Supersprint Sport Mufflers help please!

Hi, I am about to order a set of supersprint sport mufflers and need to know if they sound significantly louder/better than stock. Can someone shed some light if it is worth the upgrade? I want the car to sound like it was supposed to so I dont need them to be crazy loud but do want them to be authoritative. I cannot spend more than $1500 on them so the eissenman are out of the question. Thanks
      01-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
mimsterzx7r
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 M Roadster, 03 Pathfinder

I've got the Supersprint race cans with x-pipe and I can't get enough of the sound. A lot of the people on these forums think they're too loud or have too much drone, but for me the drone isn't much of an issue and the sound it makes while it climbs the RPM tach more than makes up for it.

I've never heard the powerloops (sport mufflers) in person but I imagine that they're a bit more subdued (especially if you buy one without the xpipe). You can search online they're are a few video clips on You tube and on the engine exhaust section. But honestly none of them do the actual sound much justice. I stumbled upon a killer deal for my setup and that was enough for me to take to the plunge and no regrets for me ever since.

ZHP knob/Zeckhausen CDV/ESS Tune/More to come
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
Hi, I am about to order a set of supersprint sport mufflers and need to know if they sound significantly louder/better than stock. Can someone shed some light if it is worth the upgrade? I want the car to sound like it was supposed to so I dont need them to be crazy loud but do want them to be authoritative. I cannot spend more than $1500 on them so the eissenman are out of the question. Thanks
You might want to check this thread before buying: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=426781 It sounds like the Remus system would work for you(about $1200-1300 delivered). Less droning issues than the SS as well...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Thanks for the reply. I think the sport mufflers are the formerly called race mufflers. The powerloops are $1900 so they are a little more than I plan to spend. I bet your car sounds awesome with the x-pipe. Can you tell me where you got that awesome deal? Thanks again
      01-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
You might want to check this thread before buying: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=426781 It sounds like the Remus system would work for you(about $1200-1300 delivered). Less droning issues than the SS as well...
Thanks, I will definitively look into this as well.
      01-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

I want the same thing you want and what I'ved narrowed it down to is either the Remus for $1300 or SS powerloops for $1900. I'm told the powerloops sound really good, probably exactly what you want. And the Remus is about the same just not as refined as the powerloops. But is that tiny difference worth $600? Probably not seeing as how I got my GruppeM intake for $600 and I'd rather have that + the Remus instead of just SS cans.

If you want to hear what the GruppeM intake sounds like on its own with no other mods; http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=340749
Appreciate 0