ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #1
Jeffrimerman
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW R50

I got a smog check and now my airbag light is on....

The guy said some of my lights will go on for a while. I know they usually go off after a certain amount of ignition starts. Does anyone know how many it will take for my airbag light to go off. I should have turned the antilock brake stuff off maybe. Or should I somehow reset everything by disconnecting the battery for a while?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

If you get sick of it, bounce the battery for a few minutes.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Jeffrimerman
Private
Rep

Ok great, so disconnect the battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleme05 View Post
If you get sick of it, bounce the battery for a few minutes.
I was thinking of trying that. I was hoping it would go away, but it hasn't in a while. I was thinking the airbag light takes a special tool, but I will get the battery a shot. thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #4
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
The SRS warning will NOT go away when you pull the battery. It takes a special tool or a trip to the dealer.

I am really wondering why you have a SRS Warning when you had a smog check. I don't know what CA does for a smog check but what specifically did they do/hook up to your car?

If you don't have a SRS Airbag reset tool, then you may want to take it to the dealer just to make sure you don't have an SRS issue.

Just remember, anytime you disconnect a SRS connector (Yellow colored) and turn on the key, you WILL always generate a SRS error light.

Going back re-reading your post, your smog check guy is wrong about the SRS and THEY need to pay to have it reset.....
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
Jeffrimerman
Private
Rep

ok, yeah that is what I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
The SRS warning will NOT go away when you pull the battery. It takes a special tool or a trip to the dealer.

I am really wondering why you have a SRS Warning when you had a smog check. I don't know what CA does for a smog check but what specifically did they do/hook up to your car?

If you don't have a SRS Airbag reset tool, then you may want to take it to the dealer just to make sure you don't have an SRS issue.

Just remember, anytime you disconnect a SRS connector (Yellow colored) and turn on the key, you WILL always generate a SRS error light.

Going back re-reading your post, your smog check guy is wrong about the SRS and THEY need to pay to have it reset.....
He just said lights will go on then go away. I forget what other light was on, but that one went away. I wonder if having the car on the stand where the rear wheels turn, but not the front ones triggered it. Or maybe when the rear tires where turning, and not the front ones, also having nobody in the drivers seat maybe?
Appreciate 0