ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #23
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmulax View Post
Congrats on the car and welcome to the forum.
Looks like that soft-top needs a new coat of waterproofing before winter!
A new coat? I doubt it has ever had one BMW water repellant coating. That stuff works great! It's total DIY (concentrate + water and then sponge on and let dry in the sun). Easy. In fact, I'm about to treat mine right now!
      11-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #24
xJxDx0926
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Roadster

Thanks for the kind words everyone

How/where do I get the water proofing?
      11-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #25
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

^^ Dealer sells it as it's a BMW product. It's good stuff. You'll need a nice clean sponge (small) too...
      11-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #26
imom
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Subaru BRZ ....... Z4MR (SOLD)

How often do you treat the roof? Is this only needed for folks in the rainy/snowy states? I'm in CA...is it really needed?

P.s. that's a fairly decent price for dealer...they did make money off of you... but at least you have piece of mind that it's CPO. That's about $2k+ cost added to the car. Was that price out the door or before tax+paperwork?

Are you happy with the CDV...thinking of modding mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #27
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imom View Post
How often do you treat the roof?
Whenever the water no longer beads up and runs off with ease...
      11-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
xJxDx0926
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imom View Post
Are you happy with the CDV...thinking of modding mine.
ehh I like it just the way it is. On my last car I think it had the same thing but it was called a "slave cylinder" I drove a friend who did the delete mod and I didnt notice much of a difference.

I'm really not going to fuck with it too much in terms of performance altercations. Maybe a grouppe M air intake but thats it.

Where can I get the following-

1. Shorty antenna
2. Leather Shift boot with ///M colored tri stitching
3. Cell phone mount (recommendation)
4. Car cover (need a good recommendation)
5. Aluminum pedals, (is that to tacky?) ( I just hate the black ones) ( also, not paying 300 for the AC schnitzer ones)
6. other subtle mods. I appreciate the little things.
      11-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #29
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJxDx0926 View Post
ehh I like it just the way it is. On my last car I think it had the same thing but it was called a "slave cylinder" I drove a friend who did the delete mod and I didnt notice much of a difference.

I'm really not going to fuck with it too much in terms of performance altercations. Maybe a grouppe M air intake but thats it.

Where can I get the following-

1. Shorty antenna
2. Leather Shift boot with ///M colored tri stitching
3. Cell phone mount (recommendation)
4. Car cover (need a good recommendation)
5. Aluminum pedals, (is that to tacky?) ( I just hate the black ones)
6. other subtle mods. I appreciate the little things.
1: www.bimmian.com (do a google search for a discount code to get 10% off)
2. LeatherZ: http://www.leatherz.com/Merchant5/me...Z4_Shift_Boots
3. ???
4. Depends on what you are looking for. It's all about the fabric you want. I like the Evolution type.
5. The OEM BMW SS pedal set(http://www.leatherz.com/Merchant5/me...egory_Code=E82) is what I used. Bimmian also has some nice ones. I did not want to have to drill my pedals. You can get the OEM pedals for 25% off(as well as any other BMW parts) here: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214760 So thier cost would be $111.00. My local dealer matches their prices, your may too.

I would also suggest a clear bra for your car since it has such low miles. Probably does not have many chips yet and it helps immensely. Also consider doing the headlights with the film.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #30
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

[QUOTE=chickdr;6220651I would also suggest a clear bra for your car since it has such low miles. Probably does not have many chips yet and it helps immensely. Also consider doing the headlights with the film.[/QUOTE]

This^. I didn't do my coupe right away, but a few interstate roadtrips had it pick up all sorts of little pecks in the paint. Next spring I'm going to re-paint the bumper and add a clear bra.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #31
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

anyone else amused at the trouble the dealer gave him for asking only $500 off?
      11-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #32
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
anyone else amused at the trouble the dealer gave him for asking only $500 off?
I have a feeling either 1)they just took the car in and weren't ready to deal
or 2)he showed a bit too much enthusiasm when he saw
the car
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 01:35 AM   #33
xJxDx0926
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The car came with the Venture shield clear bra from the previous owner. And a Windscreen. Thanks for the suggestions! I just got home from detailing the shit out of her. (its 2:34 am)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
I have a feeling either 1)they just took the car in and weren't ready to deal or 2)he showed a bit too much enthusiasm when he saw the car
Little bit of both lol. I checked the BMW locator thursday afternoon and the car was not listed. Then i checked it thursday night and it was listed with no picture. I even went to the dealers website and it wasn't even on stock yet.

I was excited but the real reason they didnt want to go down at all is because I was not the first one to jump for it. I went back to the dealer and one of the guys was telling me a bunch of people called on it. And if I didn't put a depoosite on it I would be shit out of luck because I guess a few people came to see it.
      11-17-2009, 02:20 AM   #34
gago
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

they say that all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJxDx0926 View Post
The car came with the Venture shield clear bra from the previous owner. And a Windscreen. Thanks for the suggestions! I just got home from detailing the shit out of her. (its 2:34 am)

Little bit of both lol. I checked the BMW locator thursday afternoon and the car was not listed. Then i checked it thursday night and it was listed with no picture. I even went to the dealers website and it wasn't even on stock yet.

I was excited but the real reason they didnt want to go down at all is because I was not the first one to jump for it. I went back to the dealer and one of the guys was telling me a bunch of people called on it. And if I didn't put a depoosite on it I would be shit out of luck because I guess a few people came to see it.
Appreciate 0