ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #45
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^twin honda civics sounds neat! my first car was a '95 dodge grand caravan! she held through three years, all seasons, in colorado's rockies and finally gave in (or rather, i donated her to charity) after the tranny gave way. i had just crossed summit pass on my way down from keystone and cruised 8 miles to the nearest gas station with a dead tranny! good times

jragan - good catch. i would say i got on to the brakes a bit earlier than someone more experienced would otherwise have, and yes, DSC was engaged throughout all four sessions.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #46
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Yeah, I left that out--wasn't the review long enough?!

It was intention, I was focused more on driving dynamics than styling. I'll second your opinion, interior is a draw except in terms of space. The stock surround sound system in the Cayman is a bit better, but the Nav in the Z4M is better (I didn't bother with a Nav as it's so bad it's not funny). The seat bolsters are a bit more robust in the Z4M as well, but that's a bit offset by the fact the Cayman's seats are a better fit for larger/taller folks....
I think you left it out since your LIL Pooch was after you to take him for a walk his eyes I bet were looking up to you telling you come on now stop typing already

Good review BTW

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:04 PM   #47
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Your description is spot on for my comparison as well(although I have to go back in my mind to 2002-2006 when I had my Boxster 2.7). The handling is the biggest difference(along with the lack of a second trunk) IMO. As you said, the Boxster simply has the best combination of handling prowess and ride comfort I have ever experienced in a sports car. It never gets unsettled with mid turn bumps. Both the '06 S2000 and Z4M can't touch the Boxster/Cayman in this regard.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #48
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I think you left it out since your LIL Pooch was after you to take him for a walk his eyes I bet were looking up to you telling you come on now stop typing already

Good review BTW
Well, yeah, actually I did stop to take her for a walk. A tired Jack Russell is a good Jack Russell I always say!

I fact, I was going to respond to your post earlier when she came upstairs to tell me it was time to get off my butt and take her for a walk! Which turned into some critter chasing and digging for extra measure! But now I have a happy and tired little dog sitting her next to me which makes me too.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #49
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Great write-up and cute dog! I let mine sit on the passenger seat

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 03:21 PM   #50
doozyj
Lieutenant